Nugget Shooter Forums

It's hot!

Summer is here in sunny arizona. Be careful out there guys! Remember that heat exposure accumulates and if you work all week in the heat it's probably best to stay out of it on the weekends. We had a guy pass out today at work from it, he was in pretty bad shape. The desert areas we go into are often too far out to carry enough water if you had to walk out so an early morning hunt could easily go bad. Im personally gonna stick to high country till fall!

• Like 1

Adam: I hear ya!
The low lands are out for a while....gonna go hit a area this weekend up in the "cool"??? country...only spose to be

102F up there. Ewww. but it will scratch the itch for a bit :)
Tom H.

P.S....I feel like passing out every time I go to work....but it aint from the heat :)

On Monday, June 22, 2015 it hit 103 where I live -- Port St. John, FL..

Since one of the FL Tourism Board's "sales pitches" is it never gets above 100 degrees,

Monday's temperture got me wondering about record highs in The Sunshine State..

Here's what I found:

* Hottest temp on record (since 1899): 109F, June 29, 1931, Monticello, FL (Monticello is located

just ENE of Tallahassee, approx 20mi S of FL-GA line..)

* Next two highest temps recorded are from June 1985 (no date given but based on conditions either

same day or within a day of each other): Ocala = 106F; Lakeland = 105F.. Both are located in

central west-central FL approx 80mi N-S of one another.. It also hit 105F in Tallahassee on June 15, 2011..

* In South FL (which is considered W. Palm Beach southward) it's only hit 100F seven times since 1900..

Of those seven the hottest was 101F in W. Palm Beach on July 21, 1942.. (I've so far been unable to find

collated temp info for the rest of the state though..)

* Heat index temps are a different story.. The hottest "feels-like" temp reached thusfar in FL took place on

July 31, 2010 when Apalachicola hit 124F.. Truly a case of: It isn't the heat, it's the humidity..

* In terms of summer extremes though, FL's a 'cool' spot.. Phoenix on avg sees 107 days per year with temps

of 100 degrees or more; Las Vegas, 70 days; Riverside, CA., 24 days; and Dallas, 17 days..

However, Miami's year-round avg of 77 degrees is the warmest in the nation..

Dang, it IS hot out..! :th:

SA

I'll stick to northern nevada lol. 2 weeks of 100 degrees just kills us. I was born in the desert where 105 to 110 was normal for a month or two. But since moving north it sucks when it hits 90 haha.

I liked Reno the best back in the 70s -80s as never hot really as over 90 was a heat wave, Here in Redding that'll be our low now at night YUCK-John

• Like 1

Those no speed winds are the worst..!

Not only can't ya feel 'em but they're also oxymorons..

At least with the low speed winds ya stand half a chance

of ducking, or possibly jumping over them if yer lucky.. :rolleyes::inocent:

SA

• Like 1

Al around these parts it seems if its 99 100 or 110 theres not much difference especially if you have a breeze.
But you can really feel a difference when it starts toppin 110 without a steady wind.
We are headed out in the mornin again an its gonna be hot :evil1: hot :evil1: hot :evil1::tisk-tisk::head: :head: :head:

• Like 1

Just wanted to stop in for a cool refreshing note that it was a mere 82 degrees here in sunny NH yesterday and a beautiful sunny 85 expected today with a slight 6 mph sea breeze ... that is a breeze flowing from the cool 55 degree water and then over the land ... helping to keep the humidity down and the air feeling fresh and clean!

have a nice day! :4chsmu1::old: oh ... excuse me now ... I need to go find my sweater! :inocent:

Mike F

got off the ocean about 10 PM tonight ... water temps at 68 and air temps about 75 ... the ocean was like glass tonight ... far cry from what it has been the last couple weeks. sorry to say I will be leaving NH on Sunday and heading to Denver for a couple weeks and then back to sunny warm Prescott Valley AZ.

• Like 1