Nugget Shooter Forums

What is the largest GB2 nugget?

mn90403

What is the largest GB2 nugget you have heard about?

While reading I saw this:

33.85 Ounces
Found June 16, 2004 at Ganes Creek near McGrath, Alaska by Steve Burris of Idaho with a Fisher Gold Bug 2. The nugget was found in an area where many others had detected, but all the previous detectorists had missed the nugget.

My biggest nugget with a Goldbug is less than a third of a gram. That being said I only get it out five percent of the time and as a clean up tool. I would have probably walked over that piece as well thinking it was an old dredge bucket.

AJ

I haven't found as many large nuggets with a GB2 as I have with a gold bug. but some of the large nuggets I found with a Gold Bug where so shallow, I'm sure I could have found them with a GB2. AzNuggetBob

My biggest nugget with GB2 was 5.56 oz.post-227-0-74150400-1434371764_thumb.jpg found in the tailing piles in Idaho.

The nugget Steve found was laying right on top of the ground and could be seen. Maybe others thought it was a big bolt or flat can as there was lots of those out there. I remember he was all smiles as anybody would be after finding that.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...