Nugget Shooter Forums

Box covers.

Hello all, hope you guys are staying cool. I have a question about control box covers for the minelabs. There are a few videos on YouTube I've seen that the control box cover has a flap to cover the front and the back. It's on velcro and you just pull it to access your switches. I personally think this is awesome especially to help protect the LCD screen. Anybody here use one? Or know where to get them? Thanks guys

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Found who sells them and ordered one up. Plus it comes with upper and lower cable and shaft protectors and a grip protector. Looks pretty well built.

post-22038-0-48500500-1435982493_thumb.j

No matter whose unit in the rain I just give it a good old plastic Saran Wrap and it clings watertight,ez on/off and a few cents hahaha I know I'm cheap but fits all units-John

• Like 4

I agree john wrap and bags work good. I just like that this covers the front and back because it seems like when I set my detector down I'm always filling it with rocks and dirt when down picking. A little more protection lol.

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 1

Great for keeping dust, caliche and such from entering your unit also. When in biz I opened many units that were fulla garbage from beaches, desert and salt corrosion up the wazoo... :brows: John

• Like 1

Bill, I like that one too. If he made one that covers the rear screen and front panel I would sure buy it. His are well made.

The one I have was made by Doc, on my 5000.

It lasted 4 years of me dragging it through the brush/rocks/sticky stuff, the bottom is full of holes.

Heck..........I wish my boots lasted a year! :) or shirts more than 3 months.
Doc makes good stuff. They last a looooong time :)

Tom H.

• Like 1

I agree john wrap and bags work good. I just like that this covers the front and back because it seems like when I set my detector down I'm always filling it with rocks and dirt when down picking. A little more protection lol.

In Florida I used plastic bags to keep the salt spray off the detector. They work like a Hot House. That detector sure got hot. Went to just a white hand towel. wrapped over it.