Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Bug users

Have to ask you die hard bug users a question. I have a friend here that is looking at buying a GB so he wants to know which you think would servce him better.

Not a lot of mineralzation, it's spotty and some good hot rocks.

The GB2 is such an amazing machine. I wouldn't trade mine off I know that. Just my opinion though.

Dan

GBII.......

GB II .........

*Light weight

*ergonomic

*unmatched sensitivity to small gold

*loves hardrock & specimen gold

*finds gold where other detectors couldnt

*slap a big coil on for meteorites

*slap a small coil on to clean up the leftovers

*all day long comfort and portability

*great customer service

Don ... I really like my GB Pro ... have very limited time behind a GB2 so won't speak to it ... The pro is very simple to operate, very sensative and a very short learning curve. And with the little hockey puck coil(5") it will easily find fly poop and larger ... personally I like the 10" elliptical for my applications but either or both coils will find the small stuff with some good depth for a vlf.

Love my ol' school GB2 but the new GB Pro coils are about as waterproof as window screen. I know of numerous problems even in wet grass. I miss the old Fisher quality badly. A couple I know now have 4 coils for that thang. They were bought over a 3 year period and lack of seal even on current buy less than 6 months ago. They did not even hunt in the water, just adjacent to the stream, at my claims and 2 died. They always use sealed coil covers also sic sic sic.-John

I've had the GB2 since the 90's. I bought a GB Pro a couple of years ago. It hangs on the wall while I use the GB2

GB2 for sure and have them learn the disc feature ... I can tell the difference between lead and gold, but it took me a few years to tune my ears to it.... There's a butt load of super dink patches out there that ultimately add up to a bit of weight ... I've used mine since '94, now almost exclusively with the 6" coil! ... Cheers, Unc

Love my 6" coil too ,so easy to get around , through and pinpointing is a breeze. Tiny gold don't stand a chance-John

This is my smallest with the GB2. Golden fly poo. That 6 inch coil is unbelievable.

post-22038-0-12524900-1434246899_thumb.j

• 2 months later...

I've got four GB2s: One is a modified version which I use whenever I am not scanning with the 7000; one is my "old reliable" which I keep mostly for sentimental reasons; the other two I picked up as spares when bargain opportunities presented themselves. These latter two are the ones I allow relatives and newbies to practice with. All are loaded with the 6" coil, although I also have several larger coils that just sit waiting for the right circumstances (such as certain super quiet, trash free spots in northern Nevada). Gradually I am incorporating my GB Pro with its superb discrimination features into my routine when confronted with overwhelming ironstone numbers (after clearing buckets of them with a magnet I built for that specific purpose -- see Lucky Joe's ICMJ Cover Page article a few months ago). The GPZ can pick out the larger nuggs from amongst these ironstone infestations, but the GB2 still rules when it comes down to snagging the micro-nuggets.

• 2 weeks later...

Martin Sir...I'm replying to your last post. I'm glad that Dan took me to the PCSC meeting last Friday

as has been five years since last attended and you and were able to talk to each other...

Keep up the GREAT JOB!!! jim

I have both machines and am still learning. I will be at the Gold Basin get together in November. I would like to get some pointers on either unit, maybe a few of you will be able to spend a little time showing me some tricks to be more successful

• 2 weeks later...

Archived