Nugget Shooter Forums

New GPX 5000 speci.

Well pretty much the same story as the last one except this one was found with the new 5000. Not as deep either, only about 6 inches. It was on the other side of the little gully about 10 ft from the other big speci I found last time. My boy didn't find any coins this time which broke his heart haha but he will survive. Fun hunt with the boys and my friend again. Got rained out again though. I'll get it cracked open and show you guys what I find.

post-22038-0-07977200-1433633636_thumb.j

post-22038-0-28535500-1433633674_thumb.j

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 2

As Jerry Reed said: When Yer Hot, Yer Hot..! :yesss:

Or was that Carl Sagan talking about The Origin Of Speci..? :89:

I get the two mixed up sometimes.. :idunno:

Regardless, it's two in a row..

Sweet..!

SA

• Like 1

Congrats...

Find where that veins coming from. Definitely be worth claiming if not done so already.

The specie is in rock that its supposed to be from, a dirty dark red quartz. Most of the species I see pictures of have white quartz on them.

I'd be excited about this.

• Like 2

I like the white quartz specimens. Haha these are kind of ugly. This is actually on one of our claims we claimed last year. It was dropped and we picked it up. Thanks guys.

Really nice find! :)
WTG.

Heck, ugly or pretty....ill take it if its yellow.

Tom H.

• Like 1

I like the white quartz specimens. Haha these are kind of ugly. This is actually on one of our claims we claimed last year. It was dropped and we picked it up. Thanks guys.

I have a feeling you're going to be very happy you were able to claim that section..

Actually, I can't believe someone let it go.. They must have never found anything

looking like today's..

Like Chris says -- I see pieces like that and I get excited..

SA

• Like 1

I've had quite a few pms/emails/and a few calls about my comment of the new coil for that 5000. I do not run minelabs anymore but the new 14" coiltek elite camoed out(cool factor too :brows: ) new to the US, makes that machine find gold that is hard to find with a GB3?Pro even. More depth needless to say. I don't know how they made it so light. Had lightning take out my other computer, surge protector ,house wires also. Had pics of unbelieveable results. In shop trying to save and I'll post asap,IF possible-John

• Like 1

John

I have read posts on it and it seems to be an amazing coil.

So i did the SG test on the biggest one in the middle of the picture and it has 5.1 grams in it. So if I were to guess maybe 8 or 9 grams in the whole rock. The ones in the pictures are the ones showing the most gold. I'll display those and crush the rest.

Dan

• Like 1

That is one beautiful hunk of rock and gold! :)
Tom H.

• Like 1

Oh yes. It's pretty cool. The blades form little triangle shapes and such. And the cool thing is, all the vein is attached on both sides of the rock. Put the multimeter on it and it has continuity throughout.

• Like 1

I thought about some hydroflauric (spelling? Haha) but haven't done it yet. My luck I'll overdue it and make the whole thing crumble.

Don't do it yourself, find someone to do it for you. As most will tell you here, do not mess with HF. It kills.

Experts use engraving tools to chisel most of the quartz away from the AU. Then the acid.

If you have conductivity, you shouldn't worry too much about it falling apart, only if who does the acid treats it like a fragile piece.

Try it with one of the smaller pieces. Or just crush it down and melt it to a button.

I've done alot with HF on solid white quartz specimens but nothing like this sandwiched between the quartz. That would look pretty.

Rubber gloves and a respirator. Working at a mine you get all of the cool safety gear lol.

Rubber apron helps, upwind or in a vented hood. I have plenty of scars on my forearms from bad equipment splatters in a industrial application,till I die that is-John

• Like 1