Nugget Shooter Forums

Lost a buck....

OK so Kim and I made it up North for some detecting on a Roadrunners claim since the spot we originally had in mind was no longer available to hunt. Didn't see any rain and it was a beautiful day. We started to hunt and I was immediately in trouble with my 14 inch coil because the overgrowth and rocks were spaced together at like 4 inches in most places and I could not get my dang coil on the ground in 90% of the area including washes! Kim on the other hand with her SDC 2300 with 8 inch coil had no problem maneuvering around the plants and such. Sure wish I could slap a small coil on the GPZ 7000 instead I got my dollar took...

1st photo terrain just no good for a big coil

post-3-0-25881200-1433546191_thumb.jpg

2nd photo rocks (Schist),big coil hindering ground contact again

post-3-0-99153200-1433546388_thumb.jpg

3rd photo Kim's gold....

post-3-0-30650200-1433546442_thumb.jpg

Should have taken a second backup detector with smaller coil and just didn't think about all the moisture we have had and how thick the vegetation may be :grr01:

• Like 1

Dern, that is kind of thick.

Well Bill....why didn't you bust out the straw and start blowing out those cracks in the bedrock? :)

Good looking ground!

Kim scored nicely. Nice looking nugs :)
Im going to let the rain soak in and we will hit it on Sun.
Tom H.

• Like 1

Ya beat me to it Tom H, kinda sorta..

I was thinking given all those factors I'd be breakin' out a sporty-shorty pry bar

n rearranging those slices & slabs..

Speaking of slices though, from the px I can't really tell how sharp they are,

so without gloves doing that may not have been the wisest choice one could have made..

Hey Bill, don't feel too bad re no backup.. Late in the day sometime last week Nora & I took off to detect a

beach we'd never done about 85 miles from the house.. It's going on dusk when we get

there, but that's ok cos that was the plan & all I have to do is reach in the pack n get out the headla......

So that was fun.. First time I ever forgot it.. Left it sitting right next to the door, most likely because

I already had everything else in the van and thought to myself I'll never forget this.. HA..! :droolin:

SA

• Like 1

Yea guys, really though despite all the excuses.... She is just darn good with that 2300 :Detector:

I've Been following the posts the last several months and it looks like she could be ahead of Bill on the nugget count.

Edited by extractor

Yea guys, really though despite all the excuses.... She is just darn good with that 2300 :Detector:

Heck........if shes in tune with the 2300...........let er go and enjoy! :)

2300 and a 7000....

You two are loaded to find the yellow stuff!

Tom H.

The trials and tribulations of nuggetshooting never end. :th: Why is it the more we seem to be prepared for all contingencies the less we really seem to be? I carry 2 and extra coils also as the GBPro coils get wet in any way,adios,went through 3 in a day a week ago which my friends did. :grr01: Adversities make us smarter and stronger....when we let them that is-better luck next time Bill- :brows: John