Nugget Shooter Forums

Need jumpstart/compressor advice

TomH

Hey all:
This weekend I could have used a small compressor to help a bud out but don't have one.

Started thinking...instead of carrying a extra battery as we do, get one of those jumpstart/compressor combos

Has anyone had any GOOD experience with one? I know the pumps are pretty cheap and run like a madman.

Would like to find a good one.
Thanks
Tom H.

P.S. Dave.....where did you get that truck airbag inflator you had in your jeep?

They are great but the battery is as much almost as a new one . So be sure to get fresh stock and keep it charged up every other mo. And more so in the heat, heat can cause them to dicharge faster then cool storage .

Tom, I bought that at the shop I was working at a few years ago. Was able to get at cost...which was still a couple hundred bucks I think. I remember I got everything including the airbags for 500 bones.

Try: 4wheelparts.com

they have some decent tire inflaters for less.

I've had a good one for years but that is conjecture as never had to use it yet....but best to be prepared as my road,claims were made in hell. John

Tom ... I have a rear airbag lift at the rear axle powered by a very small compressor mounted under the hood. The compressor is similar to Dave's. Mine was installed at my mechanic shop in Prescott Valley (Sun Valley Tire and Auto) ... I believe mine came from Firestone. Google air lift bag systems and you will find all the component parts.

As for the jump start batteries with air compressor, I bought mine at Costco for $68.00 and have used it many times to jump start other people and put air in my tires, it comes with a light on it too. A 110 plug so you can charge it at home and a cigarette lighter plug so you can charge it in your vehicle. Has never let me down and its 5 years old. Grubstake