Nugget Shooter Forums

No gold today but....

Went to a new spot today that we have been wanting to check out for a few years now. It's a really productive placer area where they just tore the place up by ground sluicing and hydraulic work. Once again took my little guy and my 13 year old. My friend and I were working the sluice channels and my boys were staying out of the heavy rocks and brush just working the outer flats. Well once again my 13 year scores. I heard him yell while he was trying to locate me. He come running up the hill and said guess what I found. I was thinking a little nugget but he dropped a BEAUTIFUL 1900 Barber dime in my hand. It was tarnished but in imaculant condition. He is just slaying the coins this year. Did find color in the creek and scoped out some nice detecting spots for the next trip.

post-22038-0-34405000-1433130122_thumb.j

post-22038-0-07637200-1433130226_thumb.j

• Like 5

Sweet! That's so cool to find a coin like that.

Hes going to have memories for his life of going out detecting with dad.
WTG.

Tom H.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Yeah he's up to 4 chinese coins, 1 smashed large cent a 1917 walking liberty and now the 1900 dime. Plus 1 nice little nuggy for the year. He's getting pretty good lol. My little guy is just happy with anything rusty haha. Thanks guys, I guess I could have posted this in the coin section.

• Like 1

That's a great looking dime, good find for your 13 year old not to mention most anyone else as well, you're raising them right, very good thing you're doing to get them out for some quality time with Dad and a doing things ya'll enjoy doing together, it will stick with them for the rest of their lives and be very fond memories for them!!!

• Like 2

Thanks AU and everyone else. Nothing like having time to spend in the outdoors with family.

• Like 1