Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi everyone, seeking knowledge about San Domingo

THere's quite a bit of talk about LSD wash on these forums... Yes , there's gold .

For starters.... http://www.nuggetshooter.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=28402

Edited by weaver hillbille

Yea, and the next 3 months is a great time to be out there.

Just imagine the sun beating down on you while sweat pours into your eyes as you stand in a ravine with radiant heat coming at you from all angles. You can feel the heat from the gravel coming through the soles of your boots. Close your eyes for a moment, there`s no breeze, and the only sound you can hear is a cicada in a near-by creosote shrub.

If you listen hard enough, you may just hear the riffles on my 140 separating the heavies.

Is San Domingo and little San Domingo worth Golding in? I don't have any cool tools at my disposal, just a shovel, pan, and tube of water. Am I wasting my time going there?

Oh! and no, you won't be wasting your time.

Never been prospecting at SD. LSD has been good to me, but I did have a tour guide the first time out there. Both have gold. I'd hit LSD, keep cleaning out level exposed bedrock cracks until you find color, then move overburden in that same area and run the few inches of dirt laying on top of bedrock then clean out the cracks real good. Also look for small benches with exposed bedrock, most walk right past the little benches, and I mean little. They are usually only a couple feet out of the wash and 5-10 feet long, but they can be bigger or smaller...

Join a club like the roadrunners, or GPAA. They have many claims in that area. If you just go wandering around the area, chances are you will be on an active mining claim. Consider going to Lynx creek for panning but bring your own water and a tub to pan in just incase

Adams right. Make sure you are not on someones claim. If your like me and don't want to join a club, you need to research Sections your interested in and find out where the claims are in those sections. I could spend an hour typing all the research methods out so I'm gonna have to say Google that one. If your going into Yavapai county use the assessors website then check with the BLM on validity of the claims.

As far as where to hunt in the wash, most stick to the lowest portion in the middle. In AZ there is not much rhyme or reason to gold settling out. The monssons toss it around everywhere. You need to get experience in the field and figure that one out for each wash your in, they are all different. "Boots on the ground" as they say round these parts!

Please go with a club until familiar with prospecting.

Every bit of land along the two creeks in the gold bearing area you mentiond is already held by someone else. Off the creeks, depending on the area it may be open. You May need to go a few hundred feet or a mile off one of the creeks, depending on the spot.

There's no app to help you with the search. There is software, but the software is not updatef real time, so you need to know where to go seatch to see if it's still open.

If you were to highgrade on someone's clsim, that is mineral tresspass. If its private property same thing. If its state land, its worst.

All the easy gold wad picked off the ground over a century ago by the old timers. Whats out there you need to work for. The gold om the claims is kind of like money in a bank, onve withdrawn from the land it doesn't grow back.

I do wish you luck and would love to help out, I'm just trying to save you the trouble a lot of people new to this have.

The gold on the claims is kind of like money in a bank, once withdrawn from the land it doesn't grow back.

Actually , I disagree..... In some cases that may be, but if you come back in 26.34 million years, there should be replenishment. Time machines are on sale at Costco right now.

Actually , I disagree..... In some cases that may be, but if you come back in 26.34 million years, there should be replenishment. Time machines are on sale at Costco right now.

You must be going with erosion, as Au doesn't like to percolate all that much..

Harbor Freight's machine is cheaper, but I'd go with Costco's too.. Has a much better ignition coil..

Last thing ya want is to be stuck all out of time & space without a spare in the glove compartment..

SA

Especially now....bring LOTS of water.

Tom H.

• 3 months later...

There is generally good color found in the cracks of bedrock and on top of the caliche (clay).

I use to metal detect and drywash from 1981 to about 1996. I have found some pretty decent color in the LSD area. Stay away from the main washes, look for the smaller tributaries that feed them. There is still a lot of gold to be found there Just go slow and enjoy yourself and I'm sure that you will find what you are looking for. Just my two cents worth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The GPAA Phoenix chapter will be having a outing/picnic out at the LSD, Golden Dream claim Oct, 10. Signs should be posted on the roads on how to get back in to their claims. Start out on Castle Hot Spring Road off the Carefree Hwy... State Rt 74 in Morristown. After approximately 2.4 miles you will be making a left hand turn, ( the Castle Hot Spring road will already have turn to gravel from blacktop, and you will have driven pass a large pile of red dirt on the left, NW side of the road. If you drive and see the home made speed limit sign you have driven passed the left turn that will take you to the Little San Domingo wash). After you negotiated the left hand turn, your next turn will be toward your right, up N. Mine Road, aka the Little San Domingo wash. There is no posted road signs out here, so hopefully the club will have their signage out. Hope to see you there. :miner::miner::Just_Cuz_06:

cp90macs--I think a thread titled "October 10th GPAA Outing--Little San Domingo" may be read more. Wish I was around for this.

I gave up my GPAA membership, but I'll return to AZ next year and will join again.

cp90macs--I think a thread titled "October 10th GPAA Outing--Little San Domingo" may be read more. Wish I was around for this.

I gave up my GPAA membership, but I'll return to AZ next year and will join again.

cp90macs, I can "split" your post from this topic into it's own topic titled as Chrisski suggested if you would like for me to do so?