Nugget Shooter Forums

Where to go from Twin Lakes down to Buena Vista Colorado area.

ARFLYBOY

Hi everyone,

I have some family in Crestone Colorado. I plan on coming up some time in August. I plan on doing some prospecting up at Twin Lakes down to Buena Vista on the Arkansas River. Anyone knows a good place or places I can go dredge and high back there. I know there is a pay site at twin lakes but I want to try the river. Thanks in advance, and Im looking forward to meeting some of you guys and gals.

Check this trip report - don't think you need to join to link in:

http://southernprospector.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=5558&mforum=southernprospector

You'll need to contact Randy.. His info is included..

I don't know exactly where they were..

SA

http://southernprospector.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=5558&mforum=southernprospector

SA

That link has been suspended due to lack of activity. Prompts you to another place. no info there. Is Randy on this forume

Bummer, that -- sorry..

Here's a link to a short vid he shot that trip:

He has a channel so you should be able to get to him via that or comments..

I heard him mention in the vid they were "a number of miles north of Buena Vista at 8500'.."

SA

PS: Oops -- didn't realize the vid would post -- thot just the link.. My bad..

Edited by Swampstomper Al

By the way, they are on a claim..

I have no idea where open access might be..

Randy should though..

And no, he isn't on this forum..

Should let him know about it tho,

now that they've officially moved to CO..

SA

SA

Here's a live active link to Randy's latest prospecting trip report on the above mentioned Eastern Gold forum (might want to join, it's a great forum for the east coast) and also a link is at the bottom of his trip report to his website, Randy is a good guy and usually always willing to help other prospectors.

http://southernprospector.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=5592&mforum=southernprospector

P.S. Forum Tech Support should be close to resolving the avatar issue, maybe later today or tomorrow.

By the way, they are on a claim..

I have no idea where open access might be..

Randy should though..

And no, he isn't on this forum..

Should let him know about it tho,

now that they've officially moved to CO..

SA

Thanks for the info. I will try to get in contact with him.

Here's a live active link to Randy's latest prospecting trip report on the above mentioned Eastern Gold forum (might want to join, it's a great forum for the east coast) and also a link is at the bottom of his trip report to his website, Randy is a good guy and usually always willing to help other prospectors.

http://southernprospector.s2.bizhat.com/viewtopic.php?t=5592&mforum=southernprospector

P.S. Forum Tech Support should be close to resolving the avatar issue, maybe later today or tomorrow.

Thanks for the info. I will try to join it tonight so maybe I can get on there tomorrow and try to talk with Randy and John.

This is going to be a great forume to be on. Thanks for the post for the book, going to order it after a couple post. Thanks

• 2 months later...

Going on my first prospecting adventure. Buena Vista bound, Packed my truck with everything from mining equipment to a photo and video showdown. Yes I even have a drone with me. Just arrived today in Salida to visit family. Be in Buena Vista just after noon tomorrow. Saw a lot today here and want to see a little more here tomorrow, besides Buena Vista is just 20 minutes up the road from here. I sure hope to meet up with Randy in the afternoon to discuss Tuesday and Wednesday prospecting adventure. Pictures and videos to come. :4chsmu1:

Today was a great prospecting day. Randy and I had a great time. I look forward to the AR River tomorrow. More pictures and a video or two to follow.

post-27599-0-93883500-1440561864_thumb.j

post-27599-0-48950400-1440561881_thumb.j

post-27599-0-07509500-1440561905_thumb.j

Clear Creek.. Nice..!

That little dry wash of 'his' has been good for color forever..!

Good fortune 2u2 on the Arkansas tomorrow, tho do try to

stay away from any remaining yellow areas..

SA

Clear Creek.. Nice..!

That little dry wash of 'his' has been good for color forever..!

Good fortune 2u2 on the Arkansas tomorrow, tho do try to

stay away from any remaining yellow areas..

SA

That was actually Cache Creek. Going to Clear Creek to dredge on Thursday's outing.. After the river..

Man I love Colorado. Looks like an awesome day out. Have fun on the Arkansas.

Colorado is awesome, Don't want to leave but have to. The Arkansas was good to us Wednesday, the weather was great. Beautiful all the way around.

post-27599-0-92249800-1440819813_thumb.j

post-27599-0-11606600-1440819834_thumb.j

Edited by ARFLYBOY

Day three dredging the Arkansas River. This was my best day of them all. Dredging is what I really want to do in the future. Many Thanks to Randy and John for the Old school taking the new school to school. LOL!! I learned a lot and that's why I went.