Nugget Shooter Forums

New GPX5000.

I finally get to play with my new 5000. It showed up Monday and i put it together when I got home from work. So today is my first day off to play around with the settings and get familiar with it. It's almost too pretty to take out and get dirty haha. The LCD screen and everything just look so fragile (Not saying they are, it's a minelab so it's built for work). So i think I'm going to start off with my nugget finder 12 inch round mono. It was my favorite coil for the Extreme so I'm hoping it will do good with the 5000. I hear you guys talking about the 7000 taking you guys to a new level of finding gold over the 5000. I'm hoping the 5000 will do that for me stepping up from the Extreme. It is just a hobby for me but it has been paying pretty good lately. My wife was even ok with the purchase haha. Thanks guys.

Dan

• Like 4

Dan:
Your going to love it :)
Good luck to you. Its a gold finding machine.

I usually run in fine gold, gain around 9, stabilizer 8, fixed, mono,

Have fun!
Tom H.

• Like 2

Awesome thank you Tom. I figure I'll start with the general factory presets to figure it out a bit then move up to the special settings. Thank you again.

• Like 1

The biggest difference, which is actually a tremendous advantage is the SMOOTHER QUIETER Threshold.
At least that's what I think when comparing the ol GPXTreme with some of the later models.
BUT many people still swear that the ol xtreme gets em deeper !!! ???
Anyway quieter running is a big advantage especially if ya don't hear like a youngin anymore.
Hapy Huntn

• Like 1

That NF 12 round ... one of my go to coils beside the 14 NF elliptical mono ... will do you proud even with the factory presets on that 5000. if you hunt in gold country that you covered before with the extreme you will be amazed what you left. Have fun.

Mike F

• Like 1

My buddy threw on the newest latest greatest coiltek coil on his and now that thang sings a golden tune like never before. Even tiny wire sized fragments of wire gold aka a goldbug size finds :yesss: but now digging to china has cut gold production also-Ying/Yang proposition-John

• Like 1

What a machine......wow. We were only able to hunt for a few hours before the clouds and lightning rolled in. But before the storms hit that machine purred so nicely, I had to keep making sure it was working haha. It stayed ground balanced pretty much the whole time and was so quiet. Did all my hunting in fine gold setting and it was picking up the SMALLEST pieces of metal I have ever found with a PI machine. I think I'm going to like it. No gold today due to weather but hopefully it's good enough to get out in the next 4.

Dan

• Like 1