Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

Screeming yellow zonker

Hey all:
Well, dad and I got out today. We tried a new area and after 3 washes only came up with 5 pieces of trash. No yellow to be had but PLENTY of hot gray rocks!

I had another area we were going to hit but after the amount of hot rocks we decided to go to a place with TONS of hot rocks and gold in the past.. PIZZA WASH!

We get in there and im hitting tribs into the main wash and not finding anything. I wanted to stay out of the main wash as we have hit it pretty hard over the years.

After a while I get this brainstorm to start hitting the benches and sides in the main wash.

Welp, up on a bench I get a reverse signal. We all know that means iron 98% of the time with a 5000.

But, in this wash there just isn't much iron, unless its in the stone form and that gives a high low.

Nothing left to do but dig, and dig, and dig,...get down over a foot and the signal is out and its a reverse/blanking signal.

I start to scoop up some dirt and there it is. Fresh from the bedrock smiling at me!
A awesome 1/3 oz nug.

It has some black stuff in it and I guess that's why the reverse signal. I had gotten another one from that wash that was sandwiched in between hematite that did the same thing.

Total out of that wash is a little over 3oz. Sure is a fun place to go and dig ironstone in :)
Must have moved 100 ironstones today. But when there's gold......it don't matter.

Great day out in the hills and the good Lord really blessed us with some nice gold today!
Tom H.

post-25308-0-89982700-1431906286_thumb.j

post-25308-0-32738200-1431906292_thumb.j

• Like 6

Holy Crap! That is some awesome gold! Good job Tom & Tom! :thumbsupanim

NICE going guys!

Dang!!!! Epic Toms!!! Absolutely amazing!! I love pizza!

• Like 1

DAMMMM.Very nice. Good job.

Very nice! You had a great day!

Just gotta say Tom's (both) that I have watched ya go after this detecting stuff, gotten to be friends, and watched success after success and ALL from working, learning, and honing skilz.

KUDOS AND RESPECT!

• Like 1

Toms,

Congratulations!

Don't kill one another with such good success.

Got any more good ideas?

Mitchel

Awesome results. Good job of sticking with it.

Jim

Screeming yellow zonker!!! :ROFL:

Makes it all worthwhile.... :yesss:

I was out that way today.... Had a few screaming zonkers myself.....none like that though!!! :idunno:

Awesome job guys!!!

Toms,

Congratulations!

Don't kill one another with such good success.

Got any more good ideas?

Mitchel

Heck....at the end of the day....I don't think I could kill myself! It sure beats you up out there...but its fun!!!

Next idea.....many days just hitting the banks and sides, then wait for another good monsoon...and start all over again.

Tom

The part that might kill you would be the big one that is still waiting for you! You could just die when you see it. But you guys have strong hearts.

Man that is a gorgeous pile o' gold! Way to go Tom!

Just gotta say Tom's (both) that I have watched ya go after this detecting stuff, gotten to be friends, and watched success after success and ALL from working, learning, and honing skilz.

KUDOS AND RESPECT!

Thanks Bill!

Its been a great uphill climb. Many friends have been found along the way :)

Much more to you also.

Tom H.

Man it was a great day out there today. The bees working the Palo Verde sounded like a distant busy highway, the hummingbirds flying circles around your head. The Black Gnats were busy also, I had to wrap my bandana around my face to get some relief. Getting in your nose, ear holes, eyes and mouth, they don't even taste good. Tom came down the wash with a big grin on his face and said that he found a small one. I said well at least we beat the skunk at the last minute. He pulled the nug out that wouldn't even fit into his red poke and my eyes bugged out a little. Now that's more like it I said, sorta like when we first found this place. There is a lot more there but under a foot to two feet of overburden, and Iron stone that makes my VLF sing continuously. Didn't see any snakes but I think that it is a banner year for Quail.

Old Tom

• Like 2

:yesss: tenacity pays off yet again. Great lookn' gold for sure-Kudos-John :head:

Toms .... You guys are certainly living the dream! Tenacity and positive attitude go a long way in this hobby and you both have that in spades. Been a long time since we have been together ... tire repair was the last I believe ... need to do it again soon (not the tire thing though!). see you late summer when I return from the East! fishing is good here but I already miss the gold country!

Mike F

So awesome to see a Father Son team support each other and be successful

• Like 1

Excellent report. I'm sure it was your pointy finger, Senor Tom! ;-)

Wow, T&T! ... That's some chunky golden pizza! WTG! ... Cheers, Unc