Nugget Shooter Forums

LYNX CREAK SOURCE GOLD

I find it interesting just how much gold can be found with a metal detector once you distance yourself from all the "Yahoos" that frequent the stone ridge area on the Lynx. Everyone seams to congregate there, and on the Bannie mine road area as if they haven't been Hammered to death already. These are just a few that I have found there (although these are the little ones), and I didn't even need the new $9999.00 Minelab to find them either. There's still gold in the Lynx and my Minelab GP-3000 "just-continues-to-find-it". Venture-Out...Good Luck.

post-1137-0-95819400-1431659774_thumb.jp

post-1137-0-45210100-1431659783_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Hey boulder dash,....I hope your gb2 can handle heavy mineralization, because all the spots that I detect are heavy with it. Most VLF's would not be able to handle this amount of it, and would give off mixed-confusing noises, which mask a real target. I can cancel most of it out with my Minelab, but I still have to listen very closely, as some still seeps thru. I understand you and your partner "handstack",....I do somewhat of the same, but do more "skimming" than stacking. As long as I can dig to bedrock, the nuggets don't have a chance.

• Like 2

Even at $8500 it would take an awful LOT of Gold to pay for that new detector. It has taken me a number of years, but my Minelab 3000 has more-than paid for itself atleast 3-times over since I first bought it new, And it continues to find me gold even without the "bells and whistles" that are new detector promotes..

• Like 1

GDM/PV, You seem to think that Bannie Mine Rd is the place everyone is beeping at Lynx Creek. That's a meeting and camping spot and you are right it is all worn out. There are a few places around there that you can dry wash successfully but detecting is out unless you get a hundred year flood. A bunch of us meet every year there and range out wherever they want to go. Hope you can make it this year and meet some nice guys and gals. I think fire restrictions will be off and we'll have a great time around the ole' campfire. The plan is 29 , 30, and 31st. of this month.

Old Tom

Nice gold and good hunting! But the new detector has much more than bells and whistles my friend. Yes the older detectors work just fine, but poo pooing the latest technology isn't really needed in the process :idunno: The 3000 was new once too and folks said the same thing you are saying about the GPZ 7000 ya know and I have been around through each model and heard the same thing. The new technology involved in the 7000 is mind boggling to an old school hunter like myself and one should try it for a few days in an old patch or new area before saying "who needs it".... :head:

Nice nuggets!

• Like 1

Nice gold and good hunting! But the new detector has much more than bells and whistles my friend. Yes the older detectors work just fine, but poo pooing the latest technology isn't really needed in the process :idunno: The 3000 was new once too and folks said the same thing you are saying about the GPZ 7000 ya know and I have been around through each model and heard the same thing. The new technology involved in the 7000 is mind boggling to an old school hunter like myself and one should try it for a few days in an old patch or new area before saying "who needs it".... :head:

Nice nuggets!

Well, Bill you've been swinging multiple-detectors for a few years longer than me and have pretty much experienced them all, as they have come out on the market. But I, being an old school hunter as you are (or were) can't see (or justify in my mind) paying $9999.00 (plus tax of course) for a detector WITH-THE-"HOPE-OF" finding enough gold to pay for itself. What's mind boggling to me is the price tag on this unit. When I bought my Minelab brand New, it only ran me $3200.00, and that was not unreasonable, even at the time. And it wasn't long before it paid for itself once, then twice, and then three-times over. I shutter at the thought of TRYING-TO-FIND enough gold to pay for a machine having this price tag. It appears to me that with their excessive-pricing, Minelab is trying to price itself out of the market and "Distance-itself" from the very salt-of-the-earth detector-swinging-people that actually made it the company it is today. As I see it, they are targeting the newbies (to detecting) with deep-pockets, as well as those who just-have-to-have the newest-technology, all of which are easily-swayed by the glimmer and glitter of this new gold-rush-craze. I think that Ronnie Millsap once had a song entitled: Looking thru Rose-colored glasses that pertains to this mentality.

You and I both know that gold is getting harder to find,... It is taking more effort and creativity to find it..... you don't stumble over a patch as easily as you used to,...more and more of the old spots have been pounded-to-death to the point where there is No gold there, so it makes no difference what new technology that you have got, ...If the gold is not there, it is not there! Also, there are many more detector-swing-yahoos out there today than there was, making already pounded spots, as well as new prospects null and void of gold. These are just my un-biased observations and opinions as a seasoned detector-swinger. To-each-his-Own.

• Like 1

I know what you mean Bill, .... this getting older stuff is for the birds. I find it highly-irritating when I attempt to do something physical that I once did with ease and now it has become a struggle. It seems as though my mind has stayed young, while the rest of my body struggles with the desires of my mind. My mind says: "you can do that,.. piece of cake,.. no problem,.. go for it:,..twist this way, bend that way, hike up this hill, now climb up those boulders, be surefooted like a goat,.. push your lungs to the max,.. exert those muscles till they ache. All the while your body is saying (even without a word) WHAT THE HELL,... ARE YOUR CRAZE,... I'M IN PAIN HERE!!! Such is life, and the trials and tribulations of becoming a seasoned detectorist.

• Like 2

WTG on that gold! :)
Nice finds for that area...just goes to show you that

every square inch has not been hit :)
GL to ya....go find some more.

Tom H.

• Like 1