Nugget Shooter Forums

I just bought this 5" Keene for a song and a dance. Get to pick it up tomorrow...YAHOOOOOO.

post-1252-0-87564300-1431378829_thumb.jp

post-1252-0-59427300-1431378843_thumb.jp

I concur with Don it looks like it hasn't been in the water very much, should be a mean gold sucking machine Steve, hopefully you will get the chance to put it in the water this summer!!!

Deals all over as the game plays on. Looks like a virgin ready to be used and abused. Black ops rock-suggestion-Get a low tone,or better yet the super low tone muffler and silence (depending on conditions)within 50-60'- Silence is indeed GOLDEN in this anal state-John

Back pressure from being submerged shortens the engine life and once exhaust(carbon monoxide) is cooled it does NOT rise as from a muffler with a vertical baffle as the heat rises. It just lays there and chokes you unless a stiff breeze to blow away,dangerous to say the least.John

Edited by Hoser John

yeah Hoser, you are so right. Exhaust is one thing that is very important to have above the surface and directed away from the dredge.

I can still remember vividly how bad the effects of breathing exhaust fumes while underwater dredging can be.

Very dangerous.

Still days with little or no wind, where the exhaust does not blow away, are particularly hazardous.

Even more dangerous with engines that burn a combo of oil and gas.

What's even more dangerous is Mad Dogs' gases after his home made chili. Now THAT gas kills in seconds-John :th:

:ROFL:

it's really bad when you rip a good one in your dry suit too! When you climb in the water you have to burp the air in your suit out through the neck seal...guess what happens to that juicy fart you ripped 15 minutes before? Lol :)

There were issues that forced the cancellation of this deal, but the hunt for a dredge still continues.......

• 4 weeks later...

Hunt is over, Arctic Dave and I went to look at it, was good and now is home

post-1252-0-10287200-1433707387_thumb.jp

Nice! Let's get together and discuss some things Steve. It's been a while.

YEAH, lets go to your place