Nugget Shooter Forums

Technology once again changes the game

That is the perfect test, or very close to perfect...But I suggest you take turns as the target is much easier to find by the second person...

as for mining or raping the miners-that is capitalizism in action...

Rape implies force and unwillingness on the part of the Rapee-No one is forced to buy a detector.

fred

• Like 3
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The gold specific Pulses that are being manufactured by Minelab are now awesome. Their ability to find a small chunk of an old Over-Looked epithermal hosted eluvial free-milling placer by being able

I'm hoping Fisher will make a gold bug 7000. A 3 grain piece at 14 inches!!

I find this post and all of the different views posted very intriguing. I have chased and found my share of free milling eluvial placer gold many years ago while hit and missing shallow epithermal h

Posted Images

The only problem with this kind of test is the second person will want to try 5 or 6 different setting and then try turning the gain all the way up until they have the detector maxed out where they wouldn't be able run it when they go back to normal detecting. In real world hunting you can't do that... It would only be normal for the second person to want to do this no matter who it is.

• Like 1

Mike and Russ,

I would suggest that the test be done over an 'area' of land that either/both of you have chosen. Within that area the targets should be recorded in an 'invisible' fashion so that one detector does not know what the other detector has found. After each has a chance to find these targets then each detector/detectorist combination can compare their target map and then go to each of those targets and dig them.

I would suspect that each would have unique targets and similar targets that could be both gold and trash. The winner would be the detector/detectorist combo with the most unique targets.

The results of this combination would not be a definitive answer on which machine is better, just which one of the combinations is best. If one is clearly better then it might be because of the machine or the skill of the detectorist. If the tests are done the same by several different detectorists then you will see the difference in machine.

A simpler way to show the value of the 7000 would be to give Mike one to use AFTER he has used any other machine first.

I have done this and the 7000 is superior. I don't need to do any more testing to know this.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Jim, and all others here, you don't know how close I come to chucking it all, getting a 7000 amd do as Jim suggest.It's not that I have any material gain, just the contrary ,at almost 69 yrs old and one hip replaced and the slow economy, reality hits me like a cold shower, but the dream of tramping the area Jim talks about almost overcomes common sense.

So i will think of all the places I used to know about, consider others that Jim has spoken of and enjoy the success of all that find and post those glimers of gold.

BTW, my wife, is also a steadying rudder on my dream dingy.

This post is a thank you to all that myself and I'm sure many others enjoy your stories of family, pets, sucesses and failures.

Have a good Memorial Weekend

Wyndham

• Like 1

The only problem with this kind of test is the second person will want to try 5 or 6 different setting and then try turning the gain all the way up until they have the detector maxed out where they wouldn't be able run it when they go back to normal detecting. In real world hunting you can't do that... It would only be normal for the second person to want to do this no matter who it is.

Hey Russ sooo I take you up on your offer and your already making excuses :4chsmu1: Just so you know I run my 5000 hot all the time :head: gain at 16- 17-stability above 10 and so on :200: so using that for an excuse wont work-oh well :cry2: Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...

Hey Russ sooo I take you up on your offer and your already making excuses :4chsmu1: Just so you know I run my 5000 hot all the time :head: gain at 16- 17-stability above 10 and so on :200: so using that for an excuse wont work-oh well :cry2: Mike C... :200:

So how many tries to you want to hear the target Mike?

And What coil will you be using?

So how many tries to you want to hear the target Mike?

And What coil will you be using?

Mike you're the GP 5000 expert you've had it several years now and a 20 year nugget hunting pro... so the best way to do this is you go first. I won't turn the GPZ on until you had as many tries as you want in every setting you want on the ground you choose, hows that sound?

I've only had the GPZ a couple of months now and just learning the machine. So then I'll fire up the over priced over hyped POS 7000 I'll clean the nuggets out you've been missing for years on the first pass. :112:

Edited by goldstudmuffin

I find this post and all of the different views posted very intriguing. I have chased

and found my share of free milling eluvial placer gold many years ago while hit and

missing shallow epithermal hosted gold in Randsburg and at "Tungsten" north of Inlay

using very basic non-ground canceling and other Transmitter-Receive (TR) available in

the late 1960's... Then came the analogs and the Ground-Balancing Pulses...

Soon the cry was raised... "more depth is needed" Then while their came steady

advancements in digital and pules recovery techniques... where did the gold go?...

and being successful in filling your poke iffy...

Today gold hovers around $1150/1250 troy and even spikedto around $1700 troy.. And most

of the placer gold now found is small (and who can now boast they have found the

smallest "bits"... LOL

Unfortunatly my detecting adventures ended when I reached my 80th birthday. Now all

of you who are posting; like me your end will come as mine did, and maybe some

of you will then realize it was the finding of gold that was more important to you

and you still have most of your finds. Others will then realize it was the challenge of

still finding gold as the easy picki'ns were found... (or more often became unavailable due

to various reasons.)

To get to my point All of the posts and thoughts are fun for me to read... So go for it

while you can... "love you guys" jim

• Like 3

Mike you're the GP 5000 expert you've had it several years now and a 20 year nugget hunting pro... so the best way to do this is you go first. I won't turn the GPZ on until you had as many tries as you want in every setting you want on the ground you choose, hows that sound?

I've only had the GPZ a couple of months now and just learning the machine. So then I'll fire up the over priced over hyped POS 7000 I'll clean the nuggets out you've been missing for years on the first pass. :112:

You two should have a unedjicated ideot like me, :ROFL: that's a rookie to come along and balance out the equasion! :)

Heck, I cant even spell! :)

Tom H.

• Like 1

You two should have a unedjicated ideot like me, :ROFL: that's a rookie to come along and balance out the equasion! :)

Heck, I cant even spell! :)

Tom H.

That would be great Tom, the more 5000's the better, you can make sure Mike didn't miss anything...

Or I'm not sure if you're wanting a free GPZ demo at one of your patches too? :D

Hi Russ I never called the new deeper beeper a POS just very over priced and I never called myself a pro -not even close :tisk-tisk: -so now your saying your still learning the beeper-well lets set this up when you feel more confident because I dont want any excuses :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200: PS you already got another offer from Tom H maybe you should look him up shoot he cant even spell let alone read the manual :ROFL:

I find this post and all of the different views posted very intriguing. I have chased

and found my share of free milling eluvial placer gold many years ago while hit and

missing shallow epithermal hosted gold in Randsburg and at "Tungsten" north of Inlay

using very basic non-ground canceling and other Transmitter-Receive (TR) available in

the late 1960's... Then came the analogs and the Ground-Balancing Pulses...

Soon the cry was raised... "more depth is needed" Then while their came steady

advancements in digital and pules recovery techniques... where did the gold go?...

and being successful in filling your poke iffy...

Today gold hovers around $1150/1250 troy and even spikedto around $1700 troy.. And most

of the placer gold now found is small (and who can now boast they have found the

smallest "bits"... LOL

Unfortunatly my detecting adventures ended when I reached my 80th birthday. Now all

of you who are posting; like me your end will come as mine did, and maybe some

of you will then realize it was the finding of gold that was more important to you

and you still have most of your finds. Others will then realize it was the challenge of

still finding gold as the easy picki'ns were found... (or more often became unavailable due

to various reasons.)

To get to my point All of the posts and thoughts are fun for me to read... So go for it

while you can... "love you guys" jim

Hi Jim its all in fun-Take care :brows: Mike C... :200:

Hi Russ I never called the new deeper beeper a POS just very over priced and I never called myself a pro -not even close :tisk-tisk: -so now your saying your still learning the beeper-well lets set this up when you feel more confident because I dont want any excuses :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200: PS you already got another offer from Tom H maybe you should look him up shoot he cant even spell let alone read the manual :ROFL:

Hi Mike, I'm ready now Mike... we could call it the Memorial Day Massacre :4chsmu1:

Edited by goldstudmuffin

As they say on race day "Gentlemen .... Start Your Engines!" Get on with it guys ... time for talk is over ... we want to hear the results ... would rather see it on video if possible ... maybe AZBlackbird would consider doing the video! Love to see it in person myself but am in NH for the next month or so and then on to CO for a couple weeks. Get on with it! You are both experienced with detectors so lets see some action! :brows::4chsmu1::old:

Mike F

• Like 2

As they say on race day "Gentlemen .... Start Your Engines!" Get on with it guys ... time for talk is over ... we want to hear the results ... would rather see it on video if possible ... maybe AZBlackbird would consider doing the video! Love to see it in person myself but am in NH for the next month or so and then on to CO for a couple weeks. Get on with it! You are both experienced with detectors so lets see some action! :brows::4chsmu1::old:

Mike F

You know darn good and well Mike C won't turn me loose with a GPZ on one of his nugget patches! :4chsmu1: It would hurt to much.

He want's to follow behind me and than try every setting on the 5000 with the gain maxed out... but in reality he could never hunt with it set up that way. I can hear him now after playing with the target for 10 minutes, well I can kinda sorta of hear it! :zzzzz:

Oh and just to add upgrades will indeed be available for the GPZ just like with the CTX 3030 online at Minelab's site as they become available....

Oh and Mike ol buddy careful where you take Russ, Kim and I got several this weekend 4 of which (small but chunky) came from the red patch on left down below going up the hill (now a Weaver Claim) I got two from same area and Kevin got a nice 2.5 grammer with the SDC as well from the same spots you and I have hammered over and over. If we would have spent more time hunting would have gotten more, but socializing and relaxing were our priority this trip.

Here are Kim's, mine are still somewhere in the truck...

post-3-0-33657700-1432578326_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Gosh I really love you guys... You all are the Best... jim

• Like 3

I'll bet by hook or by crook Mike C has a GPZ 7000 before the cool weather comes back.... say by November! :brows:

Mike C has bashed every new Minelab that came out and then bought it anyway. :89:

Start saving those nickles and dimes Mike... a few hundreds won't hurt either. :cry2:

Edited by goldstudmuffin
  • Like 1

Russ ... You are probably right on all counts. I think ole Mickey just likes to stir it up a bit! Never met the guy ... or you for that matter ... someday though ... get a much better feel for what a guy really is when meeting him in person! My guess is Mike is really a good guy in person ... but on the forum well "lets see if I can stir the pot a bit more!" ... :brows::old:

Mike F

There's a fellow on Craigslist, in Surprise, Az who is selling a GPZ 7000 for $8900.....

I'll bet by hook or by crook Mike C has a GPZ 7000 before the cool weather comes back.... say by November! :brows:

Mike C has bashed every new Minelab that came out and then bought it anyway. :89:

Start saving those nickles and dimes Mike... a few hundreds won't hurt either. :cry2:

Nope as much as Id like one 10 k is way to much besides that I would be in devorce court :tisk-tisk: but instead I'll probably be sending mine to woody for the latest and greatest 5000 modds to give it the same timings that the new deeper beeper has for a little over 1/10 0f the cost :thumbsupanim -I still want to let you have a try in one of my patches or just take me to one of yours that you already ran over with the 7000 :4chsmu1: I know that you'll hit the specie spong gold better than the 5000 but dont be sure about the solid ones :head: Mike C... :200:

Edited by Mike C...