Nugget Shooter Forums

Camping at Lynx Creek

TomH

Hey all:
Dad and I will be camping/detecting up at Lynx creek the 29th-30th of this month.

If anyone wants to join us and camp or even just come up for a day that would be great.

We will be camping on Bannie mine road down by the creek.

We usually head out around 8 and get back around 3 or 4.

Hopefully the fire restrictions will not be in place at that time. If they are.....no open flame :(

I hear there is minimal trash and lots of gold in this area? wacko.png
Tom H.

• Like 1

Hi Tom there is good gold there but theres also a ton of trash-best way to get gold is to pan :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200:

If the fire restrictions are not running...im going to be doing a lot of vaccing and running through my puffer :)

Got a 1 grammer up there last year.

Tom

Of course you pick a weekend that I`m working :grr01:

WTHeck??? Working???

Waddup with that :)

Srry

Tom

Tom ... I'll send good karma thoughts to you and dad while I'm fishing in NH. My gold season is over until late July now ... kayak, Stripers in the ocean and Largemouth in the lakes. Got 3 LM Bass tourneys too ... all are kayak only. Going to be there early enough for a little flounder fishing too! Love that fresh fish taste!

You guys have a good summer!

Mike F

Patrick ... Small amount of running water right now. If no rain between now and then there should still be a few significant pools of standing water.

Mike F

We were at the culvert once quite by accident (how the heck does

one get there by accident, you ask..??) :idunno:

I have a couple questions about that area / location, but I'll start

a new thread instead of hijacking Tom's..

Have fun & happy hunting..!

SA

Hey all:

Welp, we got back from 3 really nice days up at Lynx creek. Didnt find any gold but had a heck of a good time in the cooler weather and meeting a new guy out prospecting.

Found oodles of trash..can anyone identify what that little thing that has two crimped ends on it? it has raised printing on it that says EASY on the side of it. Made out of steel.\

Its about 1/2 inch long and 1/4 inch wide.

I found it up on the side of a hill.

Also found a piece of old boot with 13 boot tacks in it..that saved some time :)

Found a arrow head too. But, I didnt take it and stuck it in a tree stump.

It was a hunting arrow :)

I did actually find two tributaries that did NOT have any trash! Unbelievable. Just 22 bullets...you know, the ones that sound like gold :(

Found the Amulet mine and dinked around there for a bit.

Met up with Shay, Arctic Dave and his friend Mike, thats what really made the trip fun.

Sat. night we feasted on Pork Bulgogi, BokChoy, Seaweed and mussle soup, Kimchee and lots of beer! :)

All in all it was a great 3 days out.

Tom H.

If the fire restrictions are not running...im going to be doing a lot of vaccing and running through my puffer :)

Got a 1 grammer up there last year.

Tom

Tom, I think you are getting old. Wasn't that one grammer from the year before last? :nutty:

Edited by Alwaysdirty

one year two years....whats the diff :) I GOT IT!
Tom

• Like 2

Ill post maps as it gets closer.

We could go see the charcoal kiln if anyone wants to do that.

Tom

• Like 1

Can we use recirculating sluices and detectors in that area?

Patrick

Patrick:

You can use detectors in Lynx creek and the mineral withdraw area around it.

But, not the recirculator. They don't want any kind of mechanized stuff around the creek.

Heres a map a 5 yr old drew of the withdraw area. I know there is usually water in the creek that runs past senator mine, but its a heck of a hick to it.

If the fire restrictions are still off, im going go suck up some dirt and run it through my puffer at camp.

Tom

• Like 1

I can't vouch for the gold, but as much metallic trash as I've got out of the creek by Bannie Mine Road, there's got to be very little trash left there.