Nugget Shooter Forums

Hi All.

Looking at the first weekend in November for the fall outing and this will give everyone time to plan The dates are Friday the 6th thru Sunday the 8th, 2015 and the outing will be at Gold Basin in our usual spot. Maps etc. will be posted later in a ne thread closer to the outing date. As always this will be a Saturday night pot luck event with some free detector help and plenty of area to hunt for GPAA members and there are a couple other clubs one can join to get access to even more areas to hunt. Hoping my old bud Kevin H. can make this one and so far he thinks it doable. Also another good bud "Bunk" wants to get involved as usual and will be helping out as he always does making for a great NUGGET SHOOTER outing!

So here is an early announcement to those interested with dates......

post-3-0-30963900-1435246717_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi All. Looking at the first weekend in November for the fall outing and this will give everyone time to plan The dates are Friday the 6th thru Sunday the 8th, 2015 and the outing will be at Gold Basi

Badges ❓ Badges ❔

I am going to be bringing some "onyx" that was gathered from the Kingman area. I will set it out who wants some can have some...just been sitting around and am trying to clean up some.

Posted Images

You sure know how to hurt a guy ... that is the weekend I am planning to head to NH and ME for deer season ... May have to make a little schedule change to make this one work. There are still a lot of the guys on this forum I haven't met and would like to. Having Kevin attending is another plus ... He has so much good info to share and very willing to share.

Mike F

Calendar marked.

Will be shopping for ingredients to bake the usual cake from scratch.

Patrick

Edited by Patrick in Havasu
  • Like 1

Well if it works out maybe I can come by for the day and sy "howdy" to my friends......something to look forward to+

• 3 weeks later...

Bill's outings are the nuts! Oh, I should say the nuggets.

It is always nice to be counted as a new or old friend with Bill and his pals.

If you hunt gold within 300 miles of gold basin you should make it and learn what the real shooters have been doing for the last 20 plus years.

• 2 weeks later...

If there's room for a newbie... I'd be honored to meet up with everyone.

• Like 1

Andyy ... I think I can say what Bill would say ... "All are welcome!" The outings are really the best place to meet a large number of dedicated miners ... and many are more than willing to share their knowledge if you just ask! in other words when you get there don't be bashful.

Mike F

• Like 2

This outing I hope that everyone wears a badge with your forum name on it. I have still not known who I am sitting across from most of the time. No one has formalized an introduction process so I'll bring the tags and you put one on if you want others to put a face to your forum name.

Mitchel

• Like 1

I found "hey bud, how you doing?" kind of works for everyone :)

That's a good idea though.
Tom H.

• Like 1

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: ... I have to admit it would help but it is pretty easy at an outing to go up to someone and say "Hi ... I'm Mike Furness" ... I get a closer look from someone and they say yup I've see your mug shot on the forum ... and then it goes from there! Haven't had anyone yet not at least introduce themselves either by forum name or real name. Sometimes someone will say "I'm Joe Smith" and I have say great "What's your forum name?" And when they say Goldsmitty I can put two and two together ... long conversations usually come from there especially if we have thrown barbs back and forth on occasion. especially if, for example, it is someone like AZnuggetBob ... who I have never knowingly met but thrown some darts back and forth on the forum ... I'm sure when we do meet it will be for the good! :thumbsupanim:old:

Mike F

OK just keeping this thread alive and looking even more forward to the November Outing and cooler weather now that we are seeing 115 here lately. We will be doing 2 pork roasts in the smoker to reheat at the Saturday potluck and may add another if we get enough folks coming. Always have liked hunting this area and also the GPAA claims still have some nice gold on them to find.

This will be our 14th annual folks! Way cool....

• Like 1

Looking forward to the outing.... :D

.... and some November weather :tisk-tisk:

• Like 1

Frank,

I see you so seldom you need to wear a badge. I'm getting old and my eyesight isn't what it use to be.

I can recognize Patrick and Bill but you are more difficult. And you don't even have an online name!

Mitchel

I think I will make a drive by---to put names with faces and to remind you guys of what it is like to be young and good looking.