Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Basin 20TH Anniversary Meteorite Hunt

Time: November 13, 2015 to November 14, 2015

November 2015 marks the 20Th Anniversary of Jim Kriegh's find of meteorites at Gold Basin,AZ. On behalf of Twink Monrad and John Blennert, (Dolan) Dave Libuszowski and I, Richard Garcia, are hosting a Gold Basin,AZ meteorite hunt to honor the late Jim Kriegh. There will be prizes for the best and most finds. Arrangements are being made for camping sites for those planning to stay the weekend. So mark you calendars. This event is open to all.stand-by for additional

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good Richard !!! Should be a good time. With a possible Main Mass Showing....

Dave.

Edited by DolanDave

maybe I can make that outing , even if it is for a day to say "howdy " to everyone

Aloha everyone,

Glad to hear that Richard and Dave are hosting an outing at gold basin this year. I wish you all a great and safe outing. I sure miss being able to drive cuz if I could I would make it out there just for the chance to meet up with some old friends once again. Stay safe and have a cold one for me. Aloha, Stan aka Ka'imi

BTW, the Nevada dmv people must have something wrong with them cuz even tho I am legally blind they renewed my drivers license. DUH!

• 3 weeks later...

It is my understand that the weekends were separated by agreement. They have been scheduled on different weekends on purpose.

The schedulers will have to disclose their reasons.

Mitchel

November 2015 marks the 20Th Anniversary of Jim Kriegh's find of meteorites at Gold Basin,AZ. On behalf of Twink Monrad and John Blennert, (Dolan) Dave Libuszowski and I, Richard Garcia, are hosting a Gold Basin,AZ meteorite hunt to honor the late Jim Kriegh. There will be prizes for the best and most finds. Arrangements are being made for camping sites for those planning to stay the weekend. So mark you calendars. This event is open to all.stand-by for additional

Event Schedule: Friday the 13TH of November 4:00 P.M. camp fire social

Saturday the 14TH of November 3: 30 P.M. plaque placement in honor of Jim Kriegh followed by an awards presentation.

Camp site coords: 35° 52.880'N , 114° 13.838'W

Contact persons: Richard Garcia kgmrg@yahoo.com

(Dolan)Dave Libuszowski davidlibuszowski@yahoo.com

Mike and all, here is a download link for the directions using google earth. Any questions feel free to ask.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gqfg16e5ut1c2r5/Gold%20Basin%20Outing%20Directions%20Google%20Earth.kmz?dl=0

Dave

People who are familiar with the Basin will know this spot as the GPAA camping area. Their gold claims are near.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello eveyone, i am fairly new to the field, just found my first meteorite couple of years ago at Holbrook and really look forward to this hunt. It will be my first group hunt and i am excited to meet some folks who know meteorites!

too bad this event and Bill's Outing are not on the same dates...

why do we have to choose...

fred

:thumbsupanim Twice the fun, of course, and no conflicts.

Hello eveyone, i am fairly new to the field, just found my first meteorite couple of years ago at Holbrook and really look forward to this hunt. It will be my first group hunt and i am excited to meet some folks who know meteorites!

hardtimehermit

We look forward to meeting you this November. Hopefully you'll leave with a Gold Basin meteorite if not a few new friends.

Richard aka kgmrg

• 1 month later...

A limited number of 20th Anniversary commemorative caps and lapel pins will be available at the event.

post-3321-0-02217000-1440727719_thumb.jp

post-3321-0-17752500-1440727760_thumb.jp

Edited by kgmrg

Richard,

I would like to have one of those caps to go along with my 10th Franconia cap.

How can I make sure to reserve one for myself and one for my wife?

Do you want to get a count here so there are 'enough' for those who attend? (I'd hate to be there and not get one, if you know what I mean.)

Mitchel

Richard,

I'll gladly pony up what you need for the expenses for the hat ...

They are just one of those 'once in a lifetime' sort of acquisitions.

Mitchel

Richard,

I would like to have one of those caps to go along with my 10th Franconia cap.

How can I make sure to reserve one for myself and one for my wife?

Do you want to get a count here so there are 'enough' for those who attend? (I'd hate to be there and not get one, if you know what I mean.)

Mitchel

Mitchel

Make sure you're out there Friday of the event. I'll put 2 aside for you. You may want to add the Lapel pins too. They came out great!

Richard