Gold Basin 20TH Anniversary Meteorite Hunt

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mitchel

Make sure you're out there Friday of the event. I'll put 2 aside for you. You may want to add the Lapel pins too. They came out great!

Richard

Richard,

Thanks a lot.

I'll be there Friday!

Mitchel

• 4 weeks later...

Looking forward to this outng, . Look like I might even be out of the wheelchair and allowed to walk. The foots healing after a year.

Won't be hunting , but sure will be meeting old and new friends.

Mike, the truth will set them free...in my experience most people want to hear something pleasant over something true....

I expect to be at the Outing...are there plans for a potluck? Approximate number attending?

Inquirering minds want to know...

fred

This should be a pretty good outing... its a BYOB / informal ( Leave your tux at home :arrowheadsmiley: ) outing. Feel free to bring anything you guys want to share. Myself and Richard have not taken a head count, as this outing is presented on numerous bulletins. I will be there Fri, Sat and Sun. Phones are spotty there for various carriers. I know AT&T Works up to the second cattle guard then gets spotty after that.

Dave..

Inquiring minds want to know what time to be ready for Mason's Chile Verde ????

O Yea Best Chile I ever had , I'll be there !

• 2 weeks later...

In memory of Jim Kriegh, of Gold Basin-- he died 8 years ago today and is remembered by many here in his little town of Oro Valley, Tucson and around the world via the meteorite list.

Twink

Twink,

Thanks for the post and your memories of him for those of us who never knew or met him.

I hope you are going to make the outing.

Mitchel

Yes at least 4 friends of mine who hunted with Jim Kriegh will be there with me, and some newer friends who hunt but never met Jim such as my hunting buddy Don. Look forward to seeing everyone!

I am not sure about chili for the Meteorite Outing...especially if there is no one organizing it. If you really want some come to Bill's Outing, I will be there for sure and so will the chili...

fred

Fred

From the 2 non organizers Dave and I. If you show up, we'll at least offer you a beer at our camp fire.

So looking forward to this outing , I am no long in the chair and my Dr is telling me to walk.

I am going to get a GB2 at the outing on the 6th and I hope it works for meteorites too.

Good to see you getting out again Rick... The GB2 is a meteorite and gold finding machine... good luck.

Dave.

Thanks . Now that the DR said "walking is good" I can't think of a better reason to walk , swinging a detector.

Gonna take some time to work up to long walks but I can always stop at tailing pile LoL

Event Update:

The 20TH anniversary event is fast approaching. For those attending you will need to bring all the items to survive a weekend camping trip, food,water, toiletries etc… There will be no porta-potties or other amenities provided. Dry camping is available within the BLM land.

We look forward to meeting you all.

Here is a link for directions from Kingman to Gold Basin Rd, alternate route would be Stockton Hills Road from Kingman to Peirce Ferry Road.

http://maps.google.c...mra=ls&t=h&z=10

So looking forward to this outing . Looking to met folks to put a face with screen names.....

Oh this is killing me. Was so looking forward to hunting and meeting everybody. Was all set to come out and join in the group hunt and now have to cancel. Husband had coverage at work and now not, so has to work. I have only been out a handful of times, actually have some unidentified finds from last Gold Basin trip with my son. I am the proud owner of Kaimi Stan's detector. Please post when the next group hunt will be and maybe we will have better luck!

Wishing everyone a wonderful time!