Nugget Shooter Forums

Drywasher Cloth Replacement ???'s

It is time to replace the fabric in the dry washer. It is a Keene 151. I am seeking advice on the best way of doing this. Also, which adhesives and silicone do you recommend for this project? I already have the polyester cloth, which I picked up at the local prospecting shop.

Thank you,

-Joe

Which one Older one with black body , older one with grey body , or the newer one with grey body ?

If you're a lazy prospector like me just keep dabbing on silicone or tape over the weaker spots. I've had over 50 repairs and it didn't seem to effect recovery.

• Like 1

The 151 has some sort of special cloth that maximized the electrostatic action ... I think I got some from the Lifestyle Store .. Cheers, Unc

• 5 years later...

My dad replaced his with a couple wraps of cheesecloth. It worked really well but it just doesn't hold up like the original material. Maybe Bill here can get it for you? If not there is a feller on Ebay selling it.

Any cotton linen fabric works. A tight thread count works better.

A sheet or a pillow case is good. The back of a white dress shirt is the best.

I use a good quality shirt. Get one at the thrift store for $1 and you will have enough to re-cover your drywasher table a couple times.