Nugget Shooter Forums
adam

Epic Short Trip Beepin & Drywashing

Got out for a couple days. Managed about a total of 20 hours of prospecting all together. :yesss: It is warming up , but not enough heat to keep boulder dash and I out of the desert. :nono:

We only ran 133 buckets , for various reasons, not limited to ground conditions like moisture content, workable material, and time. It was a great couple days for sure, and I cant wait to get some more dry washing done soon. :Diggin_a_hole:

Here is a before & after of one of the 3 areas that were worked...

Before:

GOPR1089_zpsmqfxtoeh.jpg

After:

GOPR1272_zpsjgklkcny.jpg

We put in about 4 hours detecting as a break from drywashing and managed a few pieces as well.

Here`s the totals.... over 18 grams worth :brows:

GOPR1278_zpstm9q6gvz.jpg

KIMG0128_zpszcp1gbrh.jpg

Have a great weekend folks ! :black_knight_standing:

• Like 7

Nice and Nicer!

The lower Sonoran desert is so awesome !

Heres a photo you may like Mitchel......

GOPR1260_zpsle7rxrso.jpg

Edited by adam
  • Like 1

You are right Adam. I like it.

At least you guys are making wages. Not a bad haul at all. I'm just wondering where in the hell did all the rich placers go. They still gotta be out there somewhere. Did the old timers really do that good of a job cleaning things up? :idunno:

Dang nice job guys. Wow.

:thumbsupanim Fantastic job and some righteous nuggets and fines also :yesss: kudos on the ability to perform all that hard work-John

Good work! Nice gold!

That is so awesome.

AZBB, that is a rich placer. 133 buckets for 18 grams is very good gold to dirt ratio. After a couple years of sampling and digging in the same district, the best consistent gravel I have found yields about a half gram to a gram for every 40 buckets of dirt. IMO, epic is a good description of the spot in these pics.

Nobody can ever ever say you guys are lazy when it comes to finding gold. Great work and awesome gold!

• Like 2

Just what I expected from Adam's Dashery :idunno:

And yes epic gold as well !!!!!!!

Edited by frank c

Placering done expertly with a nice payout

Great job, awesome recovery, nice gold, wtg you two! Cheers, unc

AZBB, that is a rich placer. 133 buckets for 18 grams is very good gold to dirt ratio. After a couple years of sampling and digging in the same district, the best consistent gravel I have found yields about a half gram to a gram for every 40 buckets of dirt. IMO, epic is a good description of the spot in these pics.

Apparently "rich" by today's standards. I'm wondering where the Lynx creek, Cherry Creek, Oak Creek, Turkey Creek, Poland Creek, etc. etc. type placers are. Back in the day they were easily producing an OZ or better per ton. There's gotta be some rich ground still out there somewhere. I know the old timers were pretty thorough, but I don't think they got everything. :idunno:

I'm really starting to think there's not a untouched placer in AZ like Lynx creek, unless you're willing to go to a place outside of gold country and find your own. I also think those rich placers were overrated with Gold Fever. Out of all the people that crossed the Klondike in search of gold up in AK, barely over 100 came back with $15k of gold, which is a lot of heartbreak and broken dreams. I think there's more gold coming out of AK today then in the Gold Rush, but its being done from $10 per yard gold and not $10 per pan gold.

I saw a Gold Fever Show where the government was doing mineral surveys of either New Zeland or Australia, and I think those are the only places on earth where there could be significant amounts of Lynx Creek or California Gold Rush deposits left untouched on this earth.

Not trying to be negative. I would be ecstatic to find a 18 grams of gold from 100 buckets.

Holy cow...that's a handful of nuggets!
:)
WTG you guys.

Why is that one guy sitting down in the background?
Is he lazy or something?
Tom

I'm really starting to think there's not a untouched placer in AZ like Lynx creek, unless you're willing to go to a place outside of gold country and find your own.

That's kinda what I've been doing lately is prospecting on the fringes of known gold bearing areas hoping to find that wash or hill side that is still virgin. I haven't been at it all that long, so I've still got plenty to learn and still have to pay my dues so to speak. That's one of the major reasons I got a Rokon, just so I could get to those places where either nobody has been, or if they have, it's been a very long time. I'll find me something sooner or later. 90% of the fun I have is just getting out and exploring those "virgin" areas. :thumbsupanim

Holy cow...that's a handful of nuggets!

:)

WTG you guys.

Why is that one guy sitting down in the background?

Is he lazy or something?

Tom

Ya why is that guy sitting down? Better get some new labor!

I'd call that epic! You guys are awesome. Love the bedrock there, looks perfect.

You can't see from the photo but my boots kept coming untied. Does Bates or Converse make a velcro boot?

They aren't Bates or Cons but they are stylish with lots of tread. And velcro to boot. Lol jk.

post-22038-0-34359900-1430602589_thumb.j

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 1

I'll have to adjust my detector shaft with the new height..

• Like 1

Haha. Good finds guys.

Better tie them quick! Looks like a bear is sneaking up on you in the brush to the right....

• Like 1