Nugget Shooter Forums

Not over Yet

azdigger

Well I am still seeing the Doc about my foot due to diabetes....wound won't heal.

Now I have been resrticted on walking , just in the house , Other than that I have to use a wheelchair. Can't get the foot wet , not to put any weight on it and now I have to go back on Wed to get it put in some kind of cast and boot.....

There goes my fishing , rock hunting , prospecting......just about most of my hobbies.

The only good thing is I have lost from over 400lbs to 268lbs right now , went from 6xl shirts and pants to 2xl shirts and pants.

Hope to get out sooner or later...........

Everyone be safe oput there and keep up the posts....least I can read about some adventures.

Your attitude is great as any lousy situation,been in 1 for 3 months myself, can have a silver lining no matter how horrendous. My Bud Bob lost his leg and for 3 years,leg after leg, and he still can't seem to find one that shoots a 12 gage like the movies??. Keep up that attitude as some times it's all we got. Your just 35 pounds away from losing a whole me,congrats -John

John , My goal as far as weight loss is to be at 250lbs by 4th of july . Been 15 years since I was this "skinny".

All I cando is look for the good and try to keep going. When they (the docs) say I can get out and play I still want to dry wash some.

Might have to get one of Franks little yeller ones so I can handle it.

I know I will get to go play some just gonna take time.

Thats some amazing weight loss azdigger! Keep at it, youll be back on your feet hopefully sooner than later. Losing that much, especially with limited mobility, is a testament to your strength and willpower. Best of luck to you, wishing you a speedy recovery!

Adam

Thanks , The wound on my foot hasnot heled since August or a little before , only found out that I have diabetes in Sept .

Doing what I can , just miss going out ,hunting and meeting folks in the field.

Today I go in and they are going to put a cast an boot on my foot to take preasure off the wound. Could be as long as 8 weeks....yuk....Right now I am not to walk on it or get it wet , not even in the shower.

All I can do is hope this works as there is still talk of taking part of the foot . That will screw things up.....

When I get to go play I am going to go out and run a dry washer since I know it might be a long time before I can swing a detector.

Will keep all posted as I know what is doing.

Well they put the cast on...miserable d@#m thing....going to take it off on onday to check and re-bandage the wound so we will see.

Going to put another one on and keep this up for up to 8 weeks I think they said.

SURE hope it works....Did I mention this cast is miserable...lol.. heavy cast with a boot and I have to wear the "boot" anytime I walk.

Time will tell.