Nugget Shooter Forums

Idaho dredge rally - Occupy '2'

drumkiller

Get out your dredges and come dredge some excellent water in Idaho. Being a state that appreciates miners, Idaho has set aside over 15 miles of the South Fork of the Payette river starting at Garden Valley, ID and going up stream from there. All that is needed is the state-issued water permit, which you can get from https://www.idwr.idaho.gov/streams/recreational_mining_permits.html

This event is to protest the epa sticking their nose in the state's business and attempting to require a npdes permit for a small suction dredge. Rest assured, this is not required and the best part is you cant get one even you wanted to :-).

We have the full support of the county sheriff, state representatives, state senators, and county commissioners.

So come up for a few days or a few weeks, get some gold, enjoy the company of a 100+ fellow miners, and best of all, make a clear statement about the illegal meddling of the epa.

Hope to so you all there.

Occupy2.9

When I was up in Idaho a few years back, there was talk of tightening or restricting dredging.

I was looking at some claims around Elk City, a once rich mining dist.

There were issues with dredging on the Clear Water and Snake rivers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, I used to know a guy named drumkiller from Indiana? Jim H I believe.Is this him? I know he moved to Phoenix, probably to get away from ol man winter no doubt. Idaho is a bit far for me, but could sure use some Phoenix area gold buddys ? Send me a Pm? Good luck up there.

-Tom V.

Steel Pan -not the state but the insane EPA mandating a federal dredge permit. These brave souls got a great group of dredgers together and did their thing all summer. Short one there. Wish'm all the best-John

Steel Pan -not the state but the insane EPA mandating a federal dredge permit. These brave souls got a great group of dredgers together and did their thing all summer. Short one there. Wish'm all the best-John

And best part is the dredgers have the local government, law enforcement, State reps, etc. on their side against the EPA, the local law enforcement are chomping at the bit to write up and or arrest any EPA agent that tries to stop this from happening !! :yesss:

And best part is the dredgers have the local government, law enforcement, State reps, etc. on their side against the EPA, the local law enforcement are chomping at the bit to write up and or arrest any EPA agent that tries to stop this from happening !! :yesss:

Thank you Hoser John and AU Seeker, it would be great to see yall there.

Looks to be a good time. Wish I could make it. Screw the EPA. They started that crap in Alaska too. I think the state took over the permitting from the EPA. Same thing as the EPA discharge permit...but a lot easier to get. Not sure how they pulled that one off, but they did. Now MSHA is sticking it's dirty nose into dredging operations, last I heard. Most folks in AK distrust the federal government and will do what they always have. The Fed has still not handed over lands promised to Alaska at statehood back in the 50's. Crooked sob's...