Nugget Shooter Forums

Octave Up For Sale--Cheap!

Uncle Ron

Uncle Ron

I don't know if this true but I was told BLm won't let anyone go beyond the property line of the mine. I was told Ben has also moved to Colorado.

I'm having trouble getting up the money for the GPZ 7000. I don't think I'd throw that much money in a hole in the ground. I guess there is people who would.

Chuck

Dang it... I was gonna buy it but now they say its HAUNTED!!

NO way now.

:)
Tom

Wow! Ben and Adam raised the price to 5.9 million dollars? I should have jumped on it last year when they only wanted 5.7 million dollars. I could have resold it and made $200,000! :arrowheadsmiley:

They have been pretty firm on the 5.7 million price tag so maybe they increased the price to give them some negotiation room. Either way it's still way out of my league.

Chuck the Octave is private property. The BLM isn't keeping anyone out. The gate and carekeepers are put there by the owners. Those patents are mostly on top of the ridge so you can still get to either side of the private property by other roads.

Unc, didn't you find a new vein up there???

BTW, if you are going ghost hunting, be sure to bring along a piece of kyanite. It has metaphysical properties and takes away all negative feelings. That makes it easier to communicate with the ghosts. :old:

Kyanite only occurs in a couple places in the US, one of which is on the west side of the Cargo Muchacho Mountains.

IN FACT, if you go over there and round some up, you can test it at the old Hedges (Tumco) graveyard. I guarantee there are ghosts there.

Yo Chris (Dakota Slim) ... Yes I did find an undiscovered vein there.. Ben told me he was going to check it out, but beyond a little bit of beepster I don't think he chased it down seriouso ... I think there's a butt load of gold up on that ridge! ... Cheers, Unc!

• Like 1

I have a question : The article says over 25 miles of tunnels, if those tunnels extend beyond the property lines on top, what are the laws on that? Do you have to get permission from other property owners to mine or even go beyond your property boundaries down below?

Edited by DolanDave
  • Like 1

I have a question : The article says over 25 miles of tunnels, if those tunnels extend beyond the property lines on top, what are the laws on that? Do you have to get permission from other property owners to mine or even go beyond your property boundaries down below?

Lode claims, whether patented or not, have extralateral rights to the ore from their strike. They own the strike ore outside their long side claim boundaries at depth. Other claimants can't mine the strike from the Octave at depth no matter where it leads outside the long side of the patent.

See Section 3 of the 1872 Mining Act

Edited by clay
  • Like 2

The caretaker is a longtime friend who said he's thinking of moving to town because the dating scene in Octave sucks! :Just_Cuz_06:

I imagine he meant after the sale...The vein I found there was limonite and quartz and the gold seemed pretty high karat ...Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-82831300-1429317204_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Ive seen the old blue print type surveyed patent application map for the Octave years ago. as I recall the hardrock tunnels run almost to the old post office/grave yard to the north and well under Weaver creek to the west at around a 30 degree dip from the main portal.

Ive been in several shafts and stopes up on the ridge. the lower ones were flooded at that time.

that was years ago way before Ben.

25 miles of tunnels would not surprize me. big rooms where they hit hygrade gold pockets.

AzNuggetBob

Ive seen the old blue print type surveyed patent application map for the Octave years ago. as I recall the hardrock tunnels run almost to the old post office/grave yard to the north and well under Weaver creek to the west at around a 30 degree dip from the main portal.

Ive been in several shafts and stopes up on the ridge. the lower ones were flooded at that time.

that was years ago way before Ben.

25 miles of tunnels would not surprize me. big rooms where they hit hygrade gold pockets.

AzNuggetBob

We did a 3D map of those Octave tunnels, the Joker and the Beehive a few seasons ago for a client. I can't share those maps for obvious reasons. The Octave dip is closer to 45 degrees and the tunnels don't stretch nearly that far laterally.

We were surprised at the results ourselves. Rough calculations from the the mapping Bill B had done back in the 80's led us to the same conclusion as you Bob. A more accurate mapping showed much less lateral distance.

Edited by clay

I never dreamed that we were riding and walking on top of those tunnels. I wonder just how much more gold there is in the ground up there. Do you think that core sampling is the way to go around that area. I know it would be expensive but a big outfit could do it.

Old Tom

Old Tom those tunnels are way under most any road in the area. I will tell you this as far as core drilling it. based on all the Octave shafts I saw on that map.

they better have those shafts mapped out well. Here is why. years ago I was working on a core rig up in burro creek. I was the go-fer water truck driver most of the time.

I kept driving up the hill every day looking at the old main portal of the mine and kept thinking our drilling rig is up the hill right in line above it. the drilling supervisor just kept saying dont worry about it.

they mapped all the old shafts before they laid out and dozed all the core drilling pads. a few days later all of a sudden the rig collapsed and before we could shut it down it swung off and we lost the bottom length of steel pipe and the new diamond core bit into the shaft.

oh well. :D AzNuggetBob

I should say this though. there was no gps or laser tech back then. I think they used a boyscout compass and a tape measure. :D AzNuggetBob

• 3 weeks later...

I imagine he meant after the sale...The vein I found there was limonite and quartz and the gold seemed pretty high karat ...Cheers, Unc

I brought this specimen from Ron at the LSD outing last year. Prepped,treated and sold for a tidy profit.

Over 60 pieces similar to this were found in two separate patches years ago. The sizes range from a medium aspirin to a large egg. Half had quartz but the gold was thin in all of them. No "nuggets" to speak of. Four turned out really exquisite. I'm sure most of you have seen gem grade spider webbed turquoise. Picture spider webbed thin gold veins running through pure white quartz. Of course they were treated which bleached the quartz.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chris, are these nuggets from Octave or Beehive?  They look more like the latter because the Octave didn't produce much nuggetwise...Ben showed me a number of nuggets that looked just like these from the upper Beehive... Cheers, Unc