Nugget Shooter Forums

4.3 gramer

Well went out for a weekend hunt, set up camp Saturday and got out into the hills around noonish to hunt. I put Kim in a wash where I had found a few nuggets in the past and I went off searching for new patches. After a couple hours of digging trash I went back to camp to get a bite to eat and a Dr Pepper. Kim was not at camp so dined alone, then I hear "hey you got a copy" on the radio and I say "yes" She then says I need you to come listen to this signal, I tell her I am back at camp and she says "I am finding nuggets here!" I ask how many and she says 5 or so. COOL beans and the largest was about 2 grams all found in a hammered wash with her SDC 2300. So after lunch she put me into that same wash :arrowheadsmiley: and I was above her 50 yards or so using the GPZ 7000 and got a good signal in the bank. After digging in the rocky gravel about 14 inches out pops this 4.3 gram beauty. We were going to hunt on Sunday, but Kim got feeling flu like and puking so we went home....

post-3-0-42268100-1428931788_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Nice hunting there bill and Kim ... sorry to hear Kim got sick of hunting on Sunday! :cry2::idunno: Sorry couldn't resist that one. Kim hope you are feeling a lot better today! That SDC is a killer machine!

Mike F

Edited by Mike Furness

Holy Cow Bill! That's really nice :)

Congrats.

BTW...dad and I talk in code over the radio. I've listened to other peoples conversations on the same freq.

Tom H.

Nice gold, Billie ... Very distinctive, but I've got no idea where it came from ... Not like anything I've found ...But guessing SW of Wickenburg by quite a ways! >>> Cheers, Unc

Nice gold, Billie ... Very distinctive, but I've got no idea where it came from ... Not like anything I've found ...But guessing SW of Wickenburg by quite a ways! >>> Cheers, Unc

Ron I have posted gold from here before and it is North not South. Friend of mine has a claim he allows me to hunt a few times a year when I need to get way back with no cell phone service and get a gold fix. I can't ever remember getting skunked there and the claim owner isn't much into detecting like I am, but prefers other recovery methods involving water so it works out great.

That's awesome, Bill ... I was thinking Gila Bend region ... Where you and John B. hit years ago ... Very nice scores for you and Kimmy! ... Cheers, Unc