Nugget Shooter Forums

Great day in the hills

TomH

jj

Was able to go out today and do some detecting with Dad and Arctic Dave.
First spot we went to was a new spot. Really good looking bedrock and lots of targets....just none of them were yellow.

Decided to take Dave over to a spot ive gotten some nice gold out of in the past.

We had to take the back road to it. Been up that road once before and hated it....I hate it even more now :)
Its a rough son of a gun.

Get to the spot and I show Dave where we had gotten gold out of in the past. We decide to go downstream and hit some tribs into the main wash.

Dave hits a bench in the main wash above some bedrock. Its about 2 feet up and he finds a dern 1.5 grammer! YES!! He says theres another target here...scrapes around in the crevis and gets a .1 gram nug.
WTG!!! Really glad he got those. I had missed them in the past because I just didn't swing up that high on that bench. Guess theres a reason for everything :)
Finished out the day in the tribs and didn't find anymore.

But, it sure was nice out. And...The good Lord blessed Dave with some nice chunky gold.

Tom H.

post-25308-0-41995700-1428881975_thumb.j

post-25308-0-02610900-1428881982_thumb.j

post-25308-0-01840300-1428881990_thumb.j

• Like 5

Great job Dave. Hope you find many more.

How about you Old Tom? Are you going easy on the youngsters again?

Hey there "Toilet Slayer", you appear to be a pretty good guide. I figure you owe me a trip sometime for your poor driving skills.........

Patrick........

• Like 1

Great job Dave. Hope you find many more.

How about you Old Tom? Are you going easy on the youngsters again?

Hey there "Toilet Slayer", you appear to be a pretty good guide. I figure you owe me a trip sometime for your poor driving skills.........

Patrick........

Patrick...I was kind of thinking you owed me????

I tried to compact your stuff so you didn't have to take so much "crap" back to CA. :ROFL:

Hey, If you do want a guided tour of the Q............ive got D-11 that has your name all over it. :4chsmu1:

Taker easy bud...don't burn up there in Havasu.

Tom H.

Great field report! Just when I thought there was no more detectable gold in the Bradshaws. Way to go arctic Dave you humbled the Toms!!

Yah....were sucking hind tit :)

Tom

Patrick...I was kind of thinking you owed me????

I tried to compact your stuff so you didn't have to take so much "crap" back to CA. :ROFL:

Hey, If you do want a guided tour of the Q............ive got D-11 that has your name all over it. :4chsmu1:

Taker easy bud...don't burn up there in Havasu.

Tom H.

CA. ??? You should know better than that...........You must be thinking of Shep because we look so much alike.

• Like 1