Nugget Shooter Forums

Pickle bucket prospecting

Got up early this morning and decided to do a little digging. Arrived at the site and made sure nobody was around :200: Set up the Ol' Yeller and started running the top material. Once that was out of the way I dug up the rocky clay layer that was sitting on some decomposed rhyolite bedrock. The rocky layer was only 3-4" thick. This took me about an hour total. This area was heavily worked by the old timers, who scraped all the way down to the bedrock years ago. Judging from what I found, there is a fair bit of new gold washed in from the sides of the wash...flood gold basically. If I had a vacuum, I would just run the top material and use the vac to clean the top of the clay layer. The gold was all sitting on top of this layer. There was some old trash under the clay layer, but that was all.

20150406_080440_zpsfkpwbjrg.jpg

20150406_080530_zpsatyr8uvr.jpg

That black line in the riffle tray was a promising sign!

20150406_080854_zpsx00pzzma.jpg

Managed to eek out a little color! Along with about a gazillion birdshot...environmental conservation at it's finest :4chsmu1:

20150406_085156_zps25nzsaku.jpg

I believe if a person were to just vac the surface of that clay layer...they might make enough gold to buy beans and gas. Of course with enough beans, gas should be in abundant supply! :evil1:

Now I have to figure out why I keep smelling pickles every time I go prospecting :idunno:

:25r30wi:

Edited by ArcticDave

WTG Dave. Nice color for a bucket or so.

I have a strange desire to eat pickles all the time now.

I cant figure it out.

Tom

Wish I had pickles in my garage but I had to give up my share of the fun when I couldn't make the outing. Any chance you have collected more of them Shay? I want some pickled gold too! :)

Mike F

Wish I had pickles in my garage but I had to give up my share of the fun when I couldn't make the outing. Any chance you have collected more of them Shay? I want some pickled gold too! :)

Mike F

Ya Mike, I've got more already. I'll be going to Dewey in a couple weeks to drywash. I'll let you know and you can stop and meet me off Iron King Rd.

I put some old beer cans in one of the buckets and you should smell the odor coming from it. You can almost get high on the pickle beer smell. Relish the thought................

Old Tom