Nugget Shooter Forums

gb2 detector broken!!!!

But know it's fixed!!! Been without a detector for some time now. Sent it to El Paso TX for much needed repairs. The list of fixed items.. Phone jack,toggle switches, a pot,panel decal,entire new box assembly, and recalibrated. They charged a total of $225 including shipping. It finally shows up in the mail. To my surprise detector is flawless as in looks brand new. So wanting to see if they used my old guts in a new box i pop the speaker. To my surprise all new components. That is right a brand new gb2 for $225. Took it out this weekend to ensure this detector was a really good sensitive unit. Unit worked flawlessly no falseing and extremely sensitive to small targets. Very impressive small gold detected in 5 hours.

post-1498-0-22990100-1428242785_thumb.jp

• Like 3

• Yeha! Your back at it :)

Good gold bud.

• Tom H.

This venerable detector has stood the test of time as to its sensitivity and reliability. No manufactured device, however, can outlast Father Time indefinitely. In this case it looks like Fisher chose the path of lesser expense by just simply replacing it. No better advertisement exists than word of mouth satisfaction from those most experienced in an item's usage.

• Like 1

Actually dependent on date of mfg. some of the components are no longer available,reengineered or not the same shape or configuration. Mine righteous beatup GB2 is pushing 15 years at least now. Old like me,worn,kinda crusty,takes some warming up but still functional :old: and then it kicks butt--John

I still use one of the first GB2's but also have two of the newer ones. The early models(at least mine) are "hotter" than the newer ones. My boys like to grab mine (they have GB2's also) to check things out.

I'd hate to have to have to send it in for repair... I don't think it would come back the same.

• Like 1

My Golden Sabre-Tesoro- after a massive rebuild did not notch like it used to--bummer but beats nuttn' for extreme trash filled areas like beaches/parks/old cabin sites fulla trash-John.John