Nugget Shooter Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snakejim

Passing of a metal detector great!

Charles Garret who along with his wife started Garret Metal detectors in 1964, Passed on 4/3/2015. Sad news indeed. First time I ever tried nugget hunting was at Quartzite with a Garrett Deepseeker. It worked, I found several nuggets.

Charles Garrett will be fondly remembered by the Prospectors Club of Southern California. Garrett was one of the rock star regular attendees at the early rendezvous conducted by PCSC in the 1960s through the mid-1980s. Upwards of 5,000 attendees regularly competed in metal detecting contests at these huge annual events. Charles Garrett filmed several of these and thus recorded what we all looked like way back then (including what our metal detectors looked like and how folks used to swing them -- a total hoot compared to how we scan the ground with today's technology). RIP Charles.

The Garrett Ground Hog really opened up the gold fields in AU.

When I was flying for a living I carried one in a hard sided brief case along with my pilot stuff. Me and that Ground Hog got to visit 29 different countries.

Garrett warranties were very much like the Fisher warranty is today.