Nugget Shooter Forums

Where's the maps for lands legal to prospect/mine???

SlowNLow

Trying to get off on the right foot today.

Does anyone use a map to locate the legal lands that you can prospect on?

Is there a difference in types of lands that you can do a little panning on, but you can't stake a claim on?

How about along roads? That may be a bad question? lol

I'm really hoping to find the kind of map that shows all of the details like little plots of lands that can be prospected that won't be on a bigger, broader map.

Took me 8 months to figure that out. Uncle Ron sells maps. There's software called Footprints. The government does not make a single source databse to get what you're asking, You can also figure it out yourself.

Where exactly are you doing this California, Arizona? Its always a mixture of Lands Status maps, filings at the county, and the BLM site. I get my maps from the USGS site, but those are 1:24k only used for navigation, and do not show claim status. The rest I figure out myself off AZLAND.GOV.; GEOCOMMUNICATOR.GOV; and whatever county web site the prospect is in. When you go to those sites, you get the most current info.

Starting off on the club claims is nice because you don't have to worry about felony trespass on a mineral claim and you can learn how to prospect.

Another great site to tie up some loose ends and start your education is

http://www.mylandmatters.org/

and I second what chrisski posted.

It's not something that can be picked up in a post or two

- you have to dig deep into the above sites, research county records, join a local club and hobnob with them on their claims and verify across multiple sources of information and allso tie all you learn to actual claim markers ( or lack of) inthe field.

MIning law is pretty complex unless you've ate and breathed it for years.

Edited by weaver hillbille

blm.gov will have the rules and regs under the manual Filing Mining claims. Join a nice small local yokel club and you get a great education for cheap,meet some righteous gold minded folks,get claims access and see many different pieces of equipment at work. Do it quick as here comes SUMMER ....John

Ya, it's too late here to be pickin' in the deserts until October or so.

I'm in the San Diego region, but I travel, and I'm not doing anything else other that prospecting this year, so I can go basically anywhere and stay as long as necessary in the regions.

Thanks for those links and tips.

Southwest Prospector's and miNers Association has meetings third Tuesday of each month @ Lemon GRove VFW.

AUtsauraus and I are members- maybe a few others on the list.. Have lots of claims- some up in the Laguna Mtn's, as well as all over the desert and even up in the MOjave- many knowldegeable peeps.

http://www.spma-gold.org/pages/join.html

VFW Post 2082 at 6:30 PM
2885 Lemon Grove Ave.
Lemon Grove, CA

post-26296-0-48419400-1427941530_thumb.jIt takes a lot of study, work and boots on the ground to figure out the claim process as Chrisski and the others have posted. In the summer your day is shortened in the SW but if you start early and work until the heat is too much you can still get stuff done.

post-26296-0-48419400-1427941530_thumb.j

Stans the man as where there is a will....he will find a way...kudos as never say die...just give another try a different way. All the posts lately of heavy poundages found night detecting is a perfect example. You just gotta want it bad enough-John

Thanks, SL. You're right about the dern heat. I need to get up in the mountains a few thousand feet to beat the heat a little better.

Weaver, I tried to make it to the SPMA meeting last Thursday because I read the schedule on the website. Either I didn't get it, or the website is wrong.

Thanks Hoser. However my recent back surgery has slowed me down a good bit.

I intended to add it helps to have a mentor to help you understand things and show you the Ropes. Gilaoro and Chrisski have been great helping me along the way. Also Barry at my land matters.

That's what so neat about this forum. So much good info given so freely by some great folks.

Although I do believe Barry gets much to much credit. We all know that Leigh is the real brains of the outfit...... :yesss:

Patrick .....

:idunno: SO Tuesday means Thursday? I got the wrong week my first time.

BEen there, done that.

Weaver, I tried to make it to the SPMA meeting last Thursday because I read the schedule on the website. Either I didn't get it, or the website is wrong.

Monthly Meetings

Third Tuesday of each month at
VFW Post 2082 at 6:30 PM
2885 Lemon Grove Ave.
Lemon Grove, CA

Still chilly here around Wickenburg ... 80's to 90's ... Unfortunately, I'm still too busted up to get out ... Sucks! ... But I encourage everyone to get on it since the local golfields will be the low 80's this next week! ... Get'em, post'em, show'em ... Cheers, Yer Unc in the Dubklyah