Nugget Shooter Forums

My Finest Discovery Yet .....

During the last Nuggetshooter outing, I managed to come across a outcrop of white Rhyolite mixed with chalcedony veins way out in the middle of nowhere. For some reason the outcrop seemed to be deliberately covered with ( now dead) creosote, and palo verde branches. I noticed a small adit that someone had dug into the outcrop, and decided of course , to investigate. The first thing I noticed was a rotted old burlap sack partially burried near the entrance to the prospect. Inside the burlap was a fine selection of old geologist type digging tools, gads, chizels, flat bars etc. As if that wasnt exciting enough, right?

Toward the back of this adit was a thin vein of chalcedony with these tiny little red crystals that seemed to be in any open pocket. To me the crystals looked like Realgar yet lacked the physical structure of it. I dont carry digging tools on me so I started chipping away at the crystal lined vein with the tools left in the burlap. After digging for some time. My pick punched right through a hollow vug, and in this vug was the most amazing 1 inch plus red crystals on matrix I had ever seen. Hundreds of them, in fact, maybe thousands. I know recognized the crystal and just about fell over. I was staring at a huge cavity scored with Red beryl otherwise known as Bixbite. I kept my mouth shut about this find for good reasons. Gold is one thing , but a cavity this size filled with red beryl, people would kill for, literally. I have been working the prospect ever since, covering my tracks by dragging creosote bushes behind my truck, and only driving in at night during the week. Dont bother looking for this unusual find, because you just wont find it, I have made sure of it.

I will show one specimen of the hundreds so far collected. The Smithsonian is rebuilding the pocket in their museum, and have paid me handsomely.

Here is one near perfect 3cm x 1cm Bixbite crystal on matrix...This one is for sale...Enjoy !

010_zpsmmclvmsk.jpg

WOW! That is so awesome. I am sitting here flabbergasted just picturing the discovery of that little hole leading to the pocket. So amazing, what a sweet find. Thanks for sharing

Edited by Caliche Chris

You can cover up your tracks, but thanks to technology the gps under the vehicle leads me the way !!! Hope you were able to claim the site !!! :4chsmu1: J/K.... awesome find congrats....

Dave

Edited by DolanDave

Tom says if you drive in reverse your tracks can't be followed. I have used this method many times in the past with great success. Sometimes i can't ever remember how to get out. Still an amazing find Adam

Living the dream! Good on you Adam.... :yesss:

That is either the nicest Bixbite I have ever seen or my leg is two inches longer from Adam pulling it. This one crystal of this quality would fetch a huge amount of money.

Whether he's BS'ing or not, there were many beryl prospects/mines in the LSD and surrounding area. I don't see any reason why all the chemicals couldn't come together with just the right concoction and conditions and produce exactly what Adam is showing.

Where's the drool emoticon???????? NIce baubly beryl :yesss:

wait a sec.... that does look like a jolly rancher THe least yo could have done would be to carve it into a hexagon.........

April 1 is tomorrow, guys, the liars contest is held at Pegleg's Monument in BOrrego Springs

http://www.desertusa.com/mag00/jun/stories/pegleg.html :th:

Edited by weaver hillbille

Kinda looks like oversized cherry Jolly rancher to me but, what the heck I will go first and I will bid 5 crisp one dallor bills.

That's what im screaming....piece of red licorice. :nutty:

I bid 5.01 :rasberry:

Tom

REpeat after me: Ohwah tagoo Siam.....

Crystals in undiscovered vugs will not be eroded to look like a JOlly Rancher.

Ohwah Tagoo Siam.

The winnning bid was placed next to the pic of the barrel shaped object. I think they overbid.

Edited by weaver hillbille

Well, I have some bad news , the Smithsonian wants their money back. They did a blowpipe test on it and it turned out to be a cinnamon fire jolly rancher. I think the Toms were behind this somehow..... :4chsmu1:

Happy April 1st anyway !

011_zpsnfgzyae1.jpg

Edited by adam

Wait till you find our blue berry gummys! :ROFL:

Tom H.