Nugget Shooter Forums

Broke Ribs xRay ... OUCH

Uncle Ron

Sometimes you can't un-see things you wish you didn't see ... Here's an xRay of my two broken ribs...They hurt worse after seeing it ... It's gonna be months before I get back out to the goldfields ... Cheers, Unc

post-9-0-68852200-1427404732_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Ron:
Whats the big deal? :idunno: You have 22 more of them? :4chsmu1:
Hope you heal up fast.
Take care of yourself.
Tom H.

Ron ... At least no one can say that when you do something you don't do it in a big way! That is big time hurt right there! Heal fast and well ... there are nuggets still to find that have to be left out there because they say "UNC" on them!

Mike F

• Like 1

Ouch Ron...I think i broke one too..a bad hicup of all things...dam. Now tell us about those two circle thingies on the right side of x-ray.

Both of my parents (now in their 80s) have fallen, in recent years with broken ribs. It takes time to heal, but men seem to recover much faster for some reason.

Those two ribs do take a beating when you fall backwards. They stick out more than the lower one although I think you might have a nasty on the lower one also. Those are the two I got when I fell through the attic ceiling. I was younger then and wrapped some magazines and an Ace bandage around and went on my way. I didn't say it did not hurt a LOT.

Old Tom

Ouch Ron...I think i broke one too..a bad hicup of all things...dam. Now tell us about those two circle thingies on the right side of x-ray.

Those are part of the stainless steel wires they used to pull my sternum back together after open heart surgery in 2000 ... There's a bunch of them and there's also some staples and, in my heart, four stainless steel stents I got 1-1/2 years ago ... They keep patching me up! ... Cheers, Unc

Sorry to here about your broken ribs Uncle Ron, hope you recover quickly. I heard a old wife's tale that if you put some Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce on topicality it will make them less tender. ? get well soon!

• Like 1

Yep, definitely broken :barnie: , time to sip some lemonade with your heals up in the shade. Get well pronto...speaking comparatively of course.

Edited by bigrex
  • Like 1

Ron, supposedly the body over a period of time reabsorbs the sharp ends of the broken shards. But it means no laughing (or crying) or (unfortunately) bending over for quite a while. If one of those shards severs a blood vessel life could get serious real fast. Hope you get healed up and back to your old form.

dang Ron How did you manage to do that? I did it once a loooong time ago and I still remember It.

It even hurts to breath.

taker easy, there is a lot of nuggets out there with your name on them.

AzNuggetBob

Uncle Ron... Check my post on Rob's forum and be careful not to make things worse. All will

be fine, just takes time... jim :old: