Nugget Shooter Forums

Suppressors

Pro's-Quite gun.

Con's-You can't aim it...point and shoot which takes a lot more of practice and bullits. Bullet placement is everything.

They need to get them can sizes down.

But you can buy taller sights or may use a red dot reflex or add a laser to fix the problem. But most factory sights won't work....more money....suppressors are way over priced when it comes down to the materials that go into them. But once they catch on i'm thinking the prices might go down some. Mainly because many peeps will not like the added weight to the end of the barrel throwing the gun out of balance. But the muzzle flip should be minimal. It's a toss up...what do you want?

Edited by Rimshot

You caught me while I was editing...lol...but anyway it goes...more money. I'm talking about pistols with factory sights Weaver and HF. I'm going to the gun show this weekend to see if guns that come with threaded barrels already have those raised sights already installed...I don't think so.

you didn't see this pic at the link you posted? They don't have to be huge to be ineffective. The scope in the pic at your link is well over the suppressor. None is talking about suppressors that are made to be :shhhhh: and are called by another :shhhhh: name. Those can tend to be larger especially if McGuyvered up..

???? The ones I've seen are not like that.

Well i went and i don't recall see any suppressers at the longview show or any threaded barrels...weird. But the tyler gun show is coming up in a few weeks and I know they usually have them.

I don't want a suppressor, Im after a muzzle brake for a DPMS Recon.

Been shooting 9" groups @ 1500 yards with a Tikka .300 WSM, Federal 180 grain, only possible for me to shoot more then a few rounds with a brake.

1500 seems to be the limit of this factory ammo, @ a mile (1760 yards) it goes transsonic.

Fun to play with, but I would never attempt to take game @ more then 600 yards.

Times have changed. I think your going to find them a pile less bulky then in the past. Hell these are cool. Hickok45 has way too much fun. I like those 10-22's. So much so I bought a breakdown model for the better half last Christmas.

post-25190-0-11620900-1428195133_thumb.j

That's my gang of banditos. Wish I could get that Ruger down here. Fits into neat little pack and snaps totogether quickly. Certainly alot better than the cheesy break open 22 the locals brag about.