Nugget Shooter Forums

My partner & I were doing our annual Gold Show in Coeur d'Aene idaho this weekend. When it come quiting time Sat night he alway pack up the gold nuggets and gold nugget jewelry and take it to the Motel room with us. We stopped at a local resturant for supper and usually sit at a window so we can keep an eye on the truck. Well the resturant had more people in it than in the past so we didn't get a window seat. To make a long story short, someone had been watching us and followed us to the resturant. After supper when we got out and ready to leave the key wouldn't fit in the driver door lock so truck had to be unlocked on passenger side. noticed the driver seat had been leaned forward and the cases of items that were in behind the drivers seat were gone. They didn't take either of the 2 pistols or my laptop but the gold and jewelry were missing. Value is estimated in the several tens of thousands from what we can figure with several thousand dollers cash. Someone knew exactually what they were doing to get into the truck in short order and it was broad daylight.

Of course the resturant didn't have any video cameras. Law enforcement has been back and forth with us all day. The club sponsering the show is putting up a $1000.00 reward and the press had gotten wind of it and was there doing a story. I think social media has picked up on it to. Any info is to be called into the Coeur d'Alene Idaho police dept.

It's a tough road to hoe were just glad no one got hurt.

I remember years ago when a dealer out of I believe Calif. had a break in in his motor home after a show as he was out to dinner and lost almost 1/4 milion in gold.

Damn Allen, sorry to hear this :grr01::2mo5pow: , I hope they catch the lowlife SOBs that broke into the truck!!!

That is the worst thing ever Allen. I certainly hope the crooks are found.

Allen sorry about your loss. I just wanted to say this also happened to some dealers at the Tucson Gem and Mineral show a few years ago. I wonder its the same people doing it. I dont remember if they ever caught them or not but It may be a leed to help recover your stuff.

Good luck AzNuggetBob

DAM....What the h.ll is wrong with people? I hope they catch them and and lock em up for a long time. I hope you get your stuff back.

What ever happened to the days when we never locked doors ? I remember as a kid that my folks never had locks on the house doors, Keys were left in the ignition. We need more tall trees and short ropes !

• Like 2

I hope they get them, Shoot the A**holes, then give them a fair trial! Grubstake

• Like 1

Now that's some messed up stuff.

That is just horrible man. So sorry to hear about that. I can't imagine all the work that went into finding that gold and making the jewelry just to have some piece of scum steal it.

Sorry to hear about this. I personally would not leave that much money/gold in a vehcle period, but I live in California. I would not expect that kind of crap in Idaho or Montana. I hope you can somehow get it back.

Doesn't matter where you live anymore. Thieves are everywhere. You can thank our progressive culture for that. Use to be people had respect for other people's property. Now all the lowlifes feel they're owed something, and the progressive judges we have nowadays are willing to oblige them with a slap on the hand if they ever get caught.

• Like 1

Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree, round up all of them bad boys
Hang them high in the street

Toby Kieth & Willie Nelson

Edited by Dakota Slim

Awful, awful. boorb

Very sorry to hear this. Absolutely horrible. darn shame you did not catch them in the act... :brows:

Is it possible that any nearby businesses might have video of the incident?

I sincerely hope that this is brought to a satisfactory conclusion for you and your partner.

Greg

Today seems a time of many social issues such as those in Washington DC only agreeing to vote themselves more "perks"

and taking away public land and raising taxes; then we now have the police who seem to be in fearful and overreact and

shoot to kill... multiple times anyone acting a little strange with the idea they may be a danger and we gott'a take 'em out...

I could vent on an on... in absolute disbelief on how society has changed... But the pendulum in is swing from right to left

always crosses the middle so better times should be coming...

Allen in Montana, Your loss is personal... like being raped... And this how I feel about the #^%A!S&&H`*H+O(&LL#!ES!

SICK....SICK....SICK ALLEN. Sorry for your lose.

I have a question. Is the car trunk harder to break into?

My car trunk saved my documents in PNG and a claw hammer saved my buns in the house when they came to kill me.

Thanks for your thoughts guys. The majority of what was stolen belonged to my partner. We have been doing these shows up here in the northwest for about 15 years. The thought of going straight to the motel room and having someone barge in possible with guns, one never knows how something like that could have playes out.

I think it was well planned out possibly starting from last years show, I think who ever did it did it with a slim jim and buggered the lock in getting the door open. the cops are looking at nearby businesses to see about cameras.

All kinds of thoughts run thru your mind when something like this happens. The main thing is no one got hurt. We were booked for two more shows but that is now out.

thanks again for your thoughts.

Allen

A great friend of mine Pete Pederson of Pederson Detectors(biz sold/retired) got hit at the GPAA show there in AZ 2 YEARS IN A ROW. Yep 2--lost a fortune and broke any need,want or desire to be a dealer anymore. Lotz of vehicle damage and lucky you didn't get hurt in the process. :41: the &^%$#@! and :Diggin_a_hole: the scum suckn' dogs. Taken a few hits over gold myself and store robbed at gunpoint. NO fun lookn' down the barrel of a loaded 45 held by a black shaking,sweating crackhead but insurance covered the losses. I haven't replaced my front tooth ,as shot out in another gold show incident , used as a friendly reminder every day till I die to NOT be so trusting. Take care AnMt----John

Edited by Hoser John

That sucks, Allen! I'll bet that at some point during the show, you and/or your partner were face to face with the a-hole and perhaps even talked to them!!!! Hope they get caught! ... Good luck, Unc

Sorry to hear about this BS Allen. Maybe if the CDA news does a story on it, someone will step forward. Since it was in broad daylight, you would think somebody had to see something?

Glad you both are OK.

Dang Allen, very sorry to hear about this.... Wow what a hit :2mo5pow:

You cannot I repeat Cannot leave anything to "chance" in a situation like you 2 were in.

Permit to pack is essential when carrying large sums of money.

Very sorry this happened to you Al.

• Like 1

If you could post a specific description or a picture of the items, maybe they will try and fence it, more than likely it will be melted, but couldn't hurt, hope they catch the rat bast#@ds

Here is an image of one that will be the tell tale piece This pic represents what was engraved on both sides of a special round that was made from gold from the Top O Deep mine. There were 10 of these taken and nobody else has one except the thief. These were about the size of a quarter and weighed about .41 ozt each

So as you guys surfe the net and look at gold pictures if you ever see one of these would appreciate a heads up. No telling where one might show up unless everything was melted down. The other is in the shape of Montana.

thanks

Allen

post-227-0-67270600-1427133564_thumb.jpg

post-227-0-47668900-1427133824_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allen in MT
  • Like 1