Nugget Shooter Forums

My buddy found this is a gold rush site. He walked up with it and when I flipped it over I saw the metal that was on the back. Like it was a cuff-link or a tie tack or some other jewelry item.

Anyone have any thoughts on what it might have been used for? I know it is a long shot but just has my curiosity going!

Regardless, it is a awesome nugget!!

Here is a link to the video if anyone is interested in seeing a cool relic hunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t6uMo7BhkU

post-23624-0-23434000-1426313275_thumb.j

• Like 2

Hey Ron- I don't mind the dark....in fact I do some of my best work in the dark so keep them coming please. I was wondering what settings you guys prefer on the CTX? Are you using stock programs or tweaking you own? Thanks for sharing!

strick

I really have a hard time watching your nighttime videos. I assume too much of what is going on.

Not my cup of tea.

Yeah I can relate and I know people will assume a lot of things. No problem

I assume as well, but I assume that if someone else sees me in my very visible spots, they will hunt my spots!! I would rather someone see my flashlight than a detector in my hand! it's not like we are hiding with video lights and all. ;)

• Like 2

WTG to your buddy Ron.

Probably came from a prospector at Rye patch that fell down a lot :)

That's a really cool find!
CONGRATS!
Tom H.

Looks to me like it could have been a stick pin. Very popular in the Golden Victorian age. Google it to see. If you would like it made back into one send me a message,

Edited by El Dorado
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Never mind what it used for... It is a really neat looking chevron nugget as are found in the northern Nevada, the

greater area around Jumbo, Majuba, Lunker hill and other local areas... Question is it a 'lost wax' impression? If

not it is a :thumbsupanim for sure

I agree possibly a lapel,hat,stick or tie pin.they were all the rage back then. and it does look like chevron gold.

That's a beauty of a nugget. very nice find even without the pin. AzNuggetBob