Nugget Shooter Forums

Today we made it out to enjoy the 60 degree weather and swing the detectors a bit. Took my wife and 4 kids so it wasn't a serious trip. About 15 minutes in, my buddy yelled out saying he found a gun. Of course we all dropped our machines and headed over to him. It ended up being a cast iron Star cap gun made in 1882 by Stevens. Has an octagon barrel and is complete minus a piece of the hammer being broke off. Very cool find. Then he ended banging a sweet Chinese coin about 30 feet away. Them were the only good finds of the day, no nuggets. Just thought I would share. I'll try to load pictures.

Dan

Sounds like a fun trip!

Hey Dan always good when you can get out with the whole family. and when your finding that kind of stuff, Id hit that place again. no telling what may turn up. Bob

• Like 1

That's our second Chinese coin from that spot. We haven't really hit it hard before but we plan on it. It was only our second time to that particular spot also. Usually we hunt the next draw over. You know where it is Bob. There is so much trash in the tailings and rock piles that we are going to take the coin machines in there first to get out all the metal stuff and relics then we will dig out the gold machines. That's my oldest boy rockin the Goldbug.post-22038-0-01555400-1425934926_thumb.jpost-22038-0-97888800-1425935032_thumb.j

post-22038-0-92248700-1425926071_thumb.j

Edited by nugget108

Nothing like hunting with the family, my oldest daughter is getting the hang of my original gold bug and I have a blast taking her along with me. Looks like you guys had a good time and got some really cool relics as well!

• Like 1

Yes it was a blast. The whole family loves to go so that's good. My little guy is 5 and he has one of them youth bounty hunters. He's gonna bang something nice with it, he's determined haha.