Nugget Shooter Forums

OK! New Subject! What was your Worse Job Ever?

Wife and I out of work asked the state for some help. Here if you get Cash Assistance they Put you to work some place. Money was only $800 a month but it paid the bills at the time. Plaid that game for most of a year. My assigned job was on a Tree Farm. Not so bad for me. Out Side. Surrounded by Farms. Kinda Cool I was thinking . Until I Got to know the Owners.

They had a Major Mouse Problem. Mice Every Were. After a Month or so I figured out why. The 82 year old owner would Kill anything on his property that would had killed the Mice. A Farrel Cat showed up one day. The wife gave it a dose of Warefin Rat Poison in some Cat food. Dead under the Well pump Next day. Old Man would chop the head of any snakes he found. Gopher Snakes, Racers, King Snake that Eat Rattle Snakes the lot. He would shoot any Birds of Pray he seen. Kester Hawks, Owls, Red tails. The old lady had a Gift Trinket shop on the Property. One morning I shown up for work and she was totally Freaked out. She had a Critter in her shop and wanted me to kill it.

I walked in the shop looking for said Wild Beast . I found it. A Ring Tailed Cat. Miners Cat! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ring-tailed_cat Another Mouse Eater! She demanded that I kill the thing. Gave me a .22 and sent me in the store. I shot four times in the Ground and told her the dead was done. Go back and finish yur coffee while I handle things. Satisfied she did the same. I caught the Ring Tail buy the tail and nap of the neck Never tryed to bite me. I Let it out buy the Next Field. A week later I found it dead buy Poison next to the building. I quit . Ended our Government Money and started the Flea market stuff. Made More Money, No Digging Tree's , No Kill Critters, No Wild Crazy old Italians, Just Peace.

Now I'm a hunter and Enjoy my game meats but killing like that is not in my person.

Some people just don't have good sense, killing off the animal population that keeps nature in balance, they deserve every single one of those rodents, I hope they wake up one day with hundreds of them in their bed!!!

There's a family of ringtails that hangs out at a certain area of LSD ... Been visiting with them for a half dozen years ... Very cool and curious critters! Cheers, Unc

State of Nevada Hazardous Materials Appeals Board Member. Horrendous things done to the air/water/landscape in a frenzy of greed.John :2mo5pow:

Edited by Hoser John

I've had lots of crappy jobs ... One of my jobs while going to college in the LA area ... Behind the counter in a Pep Boys store ... Manager was a little bitty guy with a little man's syndrome ... He would walk down the line of counter guys and shove each one to where your hip bones hit the counter top ... One morning he did it to me particularly hard and I instinctively wheeled around a punched him in the face hard ... He went down and out ... All the other counter guys started clapping ... When he came to, he told me to come in to the back room and fired me ... I didn't even get my last paycheck! ... Cheers, Unc

I've had lots of crappy jobs ... One of my jobs while going to college in the LA area ... Behind the counter in a Pep Boys store ... Manager was a little bitty guy with a little man's syndrome ... He would walk down the line of counter guys and shove each one to where your hip bones hit the counter top ... One morning he did it to me particularly hard and I instinctively wheeled around a punched him in the face hard ... He went down and out ... All the other counter guys started clapping ... When he came to, he told me to come in to the back room and fired me ... I didn't even get my last paycheck! ... Cheers, Unc

Ron,

Good job on that little man, I would of for sure got my last paycheck or he would of been on the ground again!!

I don't like the management where I work but the job is ok. Never really had a bad one but the summer I dug ditches with my plumber dad made my mind up to join the Air Force and do something else with my life.

My shortist Job was a Chines Resterant. Hired as a Bus Boy I lasted One Day. Clearing tables I chucked out everything but the Tip on a table. I was supose to get half but didn't see any.

I was later in the day told to put the Left Over Rice and Dry Noodles back in the kitchen. After seeing Booger Picking Finger Kids and other nasty stuff going into the Huge bowls of rice and stuff I kept chucking it out. Yep Fired I was..

My worst job ever was doing a water infiltration study for the Squaw Valley ski area sewer system in the mid 70's. I guarantee it was a real shitty job

I don't like the management where I work but the job is ok. Never really had a bad one but the summer I dug ditches with my plumber dad made my mind up to join the Air Force and do something else with my life.

WhoooH!..

Sounds like me! :)

Landscaping in the summer here in Az. At 19 I figured I better do something and fast. This aint no way to make a living.

Got into the Az National Guard and have been a jet engine/F-16 mech since.

One year to go and im RETIRED!!!!! WHOOHOOOOO~~!!~~!@!!!@!!~

Tom H.

Good on ya Tom, pull that one year...then take er easy from then on!! Bucket's only had 4 jobs in his life, all were bad and all were good so I guess I broke even. The toughest job was the summer of 81...worked on a tuna boat and it was freekin brutal, the hardest job by far but I still look back on it with fond memories. I liked the Air Force but they didn't like me (un-adaptability to military life) I don't take orders very well. been self employed for bettern 26 yrs now and it's ok if uncle sam would just leave us alone to do what Americans do but that ain't happenin.

Worst job I ever had was greasing garbage trucks...god that was foul!!!!

I did it for over a year until being promoted.

It was bad. I would slide under those sob's, and you could see all the garbage juice leaking all over everything...gross.

The OCFD diving van said "rescue and recovery". In 20 years never did recue anyone. All recovery.

What bothered me the most was recovering the bodies of kids. All were because of neglict and lack of supervision.

My worst one was a little 5 year old boy in the apartment of his mother. Her boyfriend had beat, kicked and punched the little boy for three days before he died a horrible death. Black and blue all over his body and he died of internal injuries.

The cops had the boy friend on the two story back porch question him. I always carried a three cell Mag light. So I motioned for the cops to go inside for a minute. Two stories down a flight of stairs after the BF tried to head butt my Mag light.

The little boy laying on the living room floor had on a little T-shirt that said: "somebody up there loves me".