Nugget Shooter Forums

More prospecting and exploring in the LSD area

azblackbird

According the weatherman it was suppose to rain this weekend, so I decided to head out to the LSD area Friday for a day of prospecting. I’ve had my eye on some areas I wanted to sample and explore. Got out there and didn’t have my “bushwackers”, so that kinda put the kabosh on doing any sampling work, as I like to be able to ride the Rokon up the narrow gullies and washes without getting too shredded by the native flora. No biggie... that left the rest of the day to do some major exploring.

Just for the heck of it, I thought I’d take the LSD all the way to where it ends. I thought this river/wash/gully was suppose to be the holy grail for gold? Once I got past all the claim markers, it was like I was riding in virgin territory. Didn’t see any activity at all except for a few dirt bike tracks. Oh well... guess I’ll have to come back and do some more exploring. There’s some areas of the upper LSD and its tributaries that look prime for drywashing. Whether there’s any gold there remains a mystery. I guess we’ll just have to find out. Enjoy the video... make sure to watch it in HD for the cool scenery.

Ran into Steve (El Dorado) and Dee and the dogs back at camp. Nice seeing and BS'ing with you all again. Hope you guys plan on staying for awhile. :thumbsupanim

Good video AZB....26 miles of Rokon had to be a blast.

Glad you enjoyed it Don... riding 26 miles all over the hills of the LSD was a blast, but I sure felt it the next day. Went up some hills I probably had no business going up. Had to carefully bulldog the bike back down for fear of sliding down through all the cactus at 100 mph. :yikes:

Glad you enjoyed it Don... riding 26 miles all over the hills of the LSD was a blast, but I sure felt it the next day. Went up some hills I probably had no business going up. Had to carefully bulldog the bike back down for fear of sliding down through all the cactus at 100 mph. :yikes:

I feel your pain! :th:

I would definitely be cracking some of that bedrock at 6:47 and blowing it out with a straw to see if there are fines in there.

Just start detecting some of those side tribs. Ive found old stuff that others should have found in well hit areas closer to Trilby wash....so its still out there.

Heal up! The outing is just around the corner.

Tom

Hope you had someone with you or at least good cell coverage. Nice ride and video, thanks.

I learned long ago that if I had to wait on all my buddies and my schedules to sync, I'd probably never get out to prospect or ride. Cell coverage is spotty at best in the LSD area. I just keep mine off. I have a SPOT that if I get into any serious trouble, I just press a button and a 1/2 hour or so later a helicopter will come and get me. I've instructed my SO to not even mess around with the rescue people, just give them my information and tell them to send a chopper ASAP.

Ive found old stuff that others should have found in well hit areas closer to Trilby wash....so its still out there.

Funny you should mention Trilby wash. The drainage area I'll be working is the opposite side of the Trilby wash drainage. The hilltops in the video you see are the dividing line. I'll eventually make my way over to that side of the hills. My problem is there's way much too much land to explore and not enough time. :2mo5pow:

Know those washes and gullies well ... Never know what you'll run into there! Cheers, Unc

Know those washes and gullies well ... Never know what you'll run into there! Cheers, Unc

Geez Ron, I thought I was the first one in those washes. Now ya went and spoiled for me. :2mo5pow:

Was a great surprise to hear a Rokon off in the distance then have you pop right into our camp.....hope to see Ya out here again

Hey Steve... I plan on coming out again this Friday. Supposed to be hot this weekend, but Friday looks like it will be a cooler day. If you're up for it, we can go hit those tailing piles I found the other day with the VLF's. They don't look like anybody's been digging on them. If not, then we can hit the washes once I clear a path so I can hop in with the Rokon. We can probably get your jeep pretty close to the edge so you don't have to do a lot of hiking to get into the washes. I'll be out between 8 and 9 in the morning. If you're up and ready we'll head out and do some detecting. Anybody else here who wants to join us are more than welcome to tag along. :thumbsupanim