Nugget Shooter Forums

Any ideas???

Well, braved the wind and snow today and got in a little detecting. Didn't bang any nuggs but did find something cool in one of the old drywashing pits. I rolled this square rock out of my way because I had a nice hit right next to it. When I rolled it over I could see something odd about it. My guess is it came from a dig face from one of the hard Rock mines about 3/4 of a mile up the canyon. Looks like where the drill steel stopped while they were drilling the face for a blast. BUT the wierd thing is, this pit is on the side of a mountain about 300 yards above the wash. So it wasn't floods that brought it from up above. Maybe one of the operators of the drywashing operation brought it from the top of the canyon to sit on haha. Thought it was neat though. Thanks all, Dan

post-22038-0-78959000-1425262948_thumb.j

Edited by nugget108
  • Like 1

Could have been flung buy an uncontrolled blast or simply fallen off an ore truck.

Old Tom

Weaver. That's what I told my wife it was. Then I got punched because she actually thought about it for a second.

Old Tom

Well it could be a piece of fly rock. No haul roads though. Dang near need a rope to keep you up on the side of the mountain the drywash workings are on. Never know though.

Dan It looks like it may be a top stone for a bow fire starter. they used wood on the bottom
and a stone on top so it didnt get to hot to hold.
AzNuggetBob

But it might be a little heavy for that Bob. It is about 12 inches by 10 inches. Weights about 35 pounds haha.