Nugget Shooter Forums

Great forum and info..........

New to meteorite hunting, but I'm already hooked! Unfortunately I live in the East (West Virginia)

I am an avid shark tooth hunter, so looking down and walking for miles is right up my alley.

I have read a lot of great advice on metal detectors, equipment to have, places to look, etc. and

even advice on personal protection. I plan on heading West in early April. Would love to meet up

with some experienced hunters and hopefully tag along : ) Looking forward to hearing from everybody.

Welcome to the west and the deserts. April is still good hunting weather before it gets too hot.

I know the most about Arizona but others here hunt meteorites in other states.

What are your plans? Will you have a car? Fly?

Mitchel

Hi Mitchel,

Thank you! I plan on driving out. I have a Jeep Wrangler which is pretty versatile.

I'm "pregaming" now trying to get some ideas where to go. Only plans I have right

now are to head West...........

John

Post up details when you know exactly when you're coming and what part of "the West" you plan on being in. If it works out I'll see if I can't spend a day in the field with ya somewhere.

Mikestang,

I really appreciate it. I will be leaving West Virginia Fri. April 3. Prob be "West" sometime Sunday/Monday 4/5 or 4/6. Plan on spending that whole week April 5 - April 11 hunting.

I see where you are located and relatively close to Franconia and Gold Basin. Are either one of those a possibility or somewhere else?

John