Nugget Shooter Forums

So Bill, what do you think of the 7000?

Getting allot of calls asking what I think of Minelab's newest and best gold detector yet. Well thing is I do not have one yet, but will on Wednesday and plan to get a full day on it Thursday and Friday this week. Just got notice from UPS that detectors shipped yesterday and I will as always give you my honest opinion after getting into the field. I will say however I am very excited about this one and from what others using it have said it does exactly what Minelab says and more.... I know many are sitting on the fence waiting to see this thing used by others before pulling the trigger and with the cost involved this is expected and I have seen it with each new unit with a higher price tag, but I think this may just be the one I have been waiting for!

Stay Tuned.....

• Like 1

I have to laugh a bit. When I see the box the GPZ7000 comes in, it looks like a toy. For that price, and detector capability, it should come in a leather briefcase or something like that. Even a pirate treasure chest would be better. It is the best, newest, latest, greatest,.... right?

...with that being said, I wish that was my living room floor in the picture! Can't wait to see the gold pics!!!

OK first imperssion after putting it together is that I like it so far and exactly like the CTX 3030, but with a bigger coil. I have to work today, but will try to get out this afternoon for a few hours to see how she purrs in the Little San Domingo area. Going to need a bungee setup with this one though for all day swinging....

11009103_849480218446152_782175230677561

• Like 1

Is it lighter than the 5000 Bill?

Edited by Rimshot

What Bill said about a bungee. I was fine with my 3030 and a small cord without a strap but then I got a larger coil. I thought I could swing it forever also and that was a BIG mistake. Don't try it.

I'm an old guy now and I got 'tennis elbow' from it and that takes months to get over. I won't swing my 3030 and the 17 on the beach or anywhere without a cord now. I can't without medical issues.

Figuring out a decent bungee set up should be a great project for a clever enough fellow. The the reconfigured shape of the 7000 seems to pose some issues though.

Bill, don't clean out the LSD before we get there. Leave some for the Nuggetshooter outing. Maybe some little ones for Boulderdash and the GB 2 guys. Go for the big deep ones........... :Diggin_a_hole:

The 7000 comes with a complete pro-swing setup so bungee not an issue. Got a couple hours in at a claim called Gypsy Moth that has been hammered by to many folks to count including myself with everything from Gold Bugs to GPX 5000s and found these targets 1 small nugget and some other trash including 4 large lead slugs that were 2 feet deep or better and thought I had a keeper each time. Thing is these targets are right where we all have worked and the lead slugs were never heard with other detectors I have had....

post-3-0-55247000-1424992151_thumb.jpg

post-3-0-03046900-1424992188_thumb.jpg

Well Bill I must say I was a little worried about the new Deeper Beeper Butttttttttttttttt not as much now if thats all the yellow me and many others left :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200: PS you can have all the lead though just leave the yellow :head:

Edited by Mike C...

Well Bill I must say I was a little worried about the new Deeper Beeper Butttttttttttttttt not as much now if thats all the yellow me and many others left :4chsmu1: Mike C... :200: PS you can have all the lead though just leave the yellow :head:

Don't get too confident yet Mike, I was only out there maybe an hour or so then went to another spot, but ended up talking to some folks instead of beeping., that lead sure could have been gold and you also missed it :old: This thing is pretty amazing and the dink was 5 inches or better deep. I have been over that same spot with a 16 inch coil on my 5000 and never heard that lead and it was scattered over a wide area. Looks like deer slugs from a 12 gauge, big.