Nugget Shooter Forums

So Bill, what do you think of the 7000?

Diggin' is no problem for Bill.

One night I watched him dig out a whole motor home! And I have pictures to prove it.

And just like when I'm with Shep, it somehow became MY fault.

Patrick

• Like 2

One night I watched him dig out a whole motor home! And I have pictures to prove it.

Patrick

Now PH you know how GW Bush feels.

. I have been over that same spot with a 16 inch coil on my 5000 and never heard that lead and it was scattered over a wide area. Looks like deer slugs from a 12 gauge, big.

Thats one expensive LEAD finder :nutty: -just messin with you :ROFL: Mike C... :200:

Wonder how those slugs got that deep? Sounds like the ground has been worked and the slugs buried there. Normally if you shoot into dirt you might get 6 or 7 inchs deep but no more.

• Like 1

. I have been over that same spot with a 16 inch coil on my 5000 and never heard that lead and it was scattered over a wide area. Looks like deer slugs from a 12 gauge, big.

Thats one expensive LEAD finder :nutty: -just messin with you :ROFL: Mike C... :200:

Catfish sinkers man....

Wonder how those slugs got that deep? Sounds like the ground has been worked and the slugs buried there. Normally if you shoot into dirt you might get 6 or 7 inchs deep but no more.

Much of the area was scraped and hauled off to a huge drywasher, the upper reaches also got drywashed leaving good sized header and fine piles. Yes the slugs were in an area disturbed long ago. Good eye and the lead is also a bit old and oxidized.

I would have felt a lot better if the 5000 had a NFA14 Round mono instead of the 12x15 ......Just not sure that is a good comparison. But then again anything compared with the GPZ 14 will be like apples and oranges at this point, I presume.

Patrick

I would like to see those pics again :)

Tom

Yep and it lunar landed some more gold for me yesterday.... This detector is amazing and one must carry his pick over the shoulder, no metal of large size on your waste. It will also hear targets of all sizes at depths I hesitate to post because folks would think me full of crap. Joe and I did some target comparison with a GPX 5000 yesterday while hunting and the GPZ 7000 won hands down and by a large margin. I have a bit to learn yet and more settings to try, but feel once again that Minelab has knocked it out of the park. I dug a small bit yesterday at almost 5 inches that will not register on the scale and we were scraping dirt out of the hole to get to the target to check depth. It was a good signal.....

• Like 1