Nugget Shooter Forums

A chance to catch up

Johnno

G'Day All

Sorry I haven't been posting but I'm here in spirit. Just wanted to follow up, I did my annual pilgrimage to the Gem & Mineral show in Tucson. This time I went by myself, Kat couldn't accompany me. I flew in for the first time, usually drive. I think next time I'll drive. It was a strange venue this year with rain leading up to the show, delayed flights from back east as well as getting into Los Angeles due to fog. New areas this year for the events, the IMCA Dinner was held at the University -- much better, lots of room and a stage that I could get up on and do some moves :-) It's always jammed with meeting friends but the night of the IMCA dinner, I got to inspect some awesome gold and I'm keeping that name secret but you know who you are. The birthday bash for Geoff Notkin & Steve Arnold was at a new area, much better. Had a fun time, spent some good hours talking to Karen Ziegler from New Mexico University.

The last day prior to taking off, I got the dreaded Tucson Crud but couldn't stop, had to go to work. Tough week, tough weekend and back to work again. The biggest disappointment of the show was I missed El Dorado, our times didn't synch up. Maybe next time.

Cheers

Johnno

You guys crack me up.

Mitchel, once again it was a pleasure to catch up and for some show and tell. Wish I could have spent more time with you but my night was maxed out, always is at the IMCA dinner, being on the board sucks. We need to catch up with new members. But the venue was great, wish I could have spent more time looking around and photographing and I really wanted to sit down and listen to the guest speakers

Yes Skip, you try flapping your arms all the way from Los Angeles to Tucson. It sucks when you've got a head wind.

Fred, you're right. I was so disappointed I couldn't take my hat with me but I was flying light, no check in just carry on. But I do miss my baby, if she could only tell the stories of my travels, it would be a best seller

Bill, it was a strange trip without Kat and relying on other people to get me around the show. Don't like flying in sardine cans but on the whole, it was great to catch up with friends. I actually walked away with nothing this year except for a valentines gift of a Moldavite for Kat

Cheers

Johnno