Nugget Shooter Forums

LSD Outing advice

Chris Coffee

If all goes as planned I will be attending this outing with DolanDave. This will be my very first outing, and also my very first visit to LSD. I do not have a tent or a camper so I was wondering where the closest motel is that I can stay at? Also, is there a particular coil that seems to perform the best in the LSD soil for the GPX 5000? Thanks in advance.

There are five motel in Wickenburg and several are nearly book full now! Maybe Bill's still got a cabin left?

Only need tent if it's going to rain. Just lay your bedroll on a tarp like a cowboy or a boy scout. Don't forget to put a rope in circle around your bed to keep the snakes out.

Yep. This warmer weather will bring the snakes out. They seem to move around a lot in the spring.

Don't forget to put a rope in circle around your bed to keep the snakes out.

I only have paracord, will that work, or do I need a real cowboy rope? Let me know ASAP, cause I'll have my nephew FedEx me one of his real cowboy ropes.

Are you bullwinkle? :4chsmu1: AzNuggetBob

Now THATS funny!!!

Tom

Hahaha, what a diverse range of replies...lol. Thank you all for the responses. Looks like Dave and I are going to be tenting it for the weekend. I will have the 11" Commander Mono and the 15"x12" Commander Mono coils. Will they be acceptable for the area?

You should be fine with that Chris.

I use a 9x14 mono on the 5000 out there

Tom

Chris, MOST :old: IMPORTANT is to remember you are new to the area and more important than the "type" of equipment you will be using,.....Think outside the box when choosing where to lay your coil down and spend the limited time you will have to detect there.
Good Luck an Hapy Huntn.
Low and Slow swing time. :yesss:

Channel 7.1 if you are on antenna TV.... I just got done filming with them over the weekend :4chsmu1:

Super 8 or regular? :)

Tom

I just got done filming with them over the weekend :4chsmu1:

Saw you guys yesterday at the LSD. I was on a hilltop looking down at you guys. Thought about stopping by and saying hi, but was going the other way heading south.