Nugget Shooter Forums

Minelab coils

Hi all you good nugget shooters out there. I bought a Minelab GP 3500 (all I can afford) and I have bought a Coiltec 18X12 mono coil and a Nugget Finder 16" round mono coil and I was looking for info on other coils that I should look into getting. The 11" dd Commander coil came with the detector. I have a Gold Bug 2 with 3 coils also but I am new to detecting and any help would be appreciated. :grr01::Diggin_a_hole::m2c: Looking for your 2 cents.LOL Thanks everyone, Les

Well one coil I can say is a must have coil would be the commander 8" round mono. It is the coolest coil I have used. Really sensitive to small nuggets and it is very stable in hot ground. The nugget finder 12" round mono is great also. So many to choose from you just need to figure out the conditions and type of terrain you are detecting in. That makes a big difference in coil selection. Good luck.

• Like 1

Talk with others that detect your area. If you don't have a need for the DD coil, consider selling it to someone that does need it. I agree with the others , an 8" commander mono would give you a well rounded bag. Not much need for anything else. Congrats on the 3500, its a fine machine.

• Like 1