Nugget Shooter Forums
TomH

Anybody do any good this weekend?

Not us....

Went back up to road wash where we got 4 grams out of to do some vaccing....not happening. The last rains we had covered everything with with 5-12 inches of overburden. Guess I got to wait for a good strong monsoon to uncover it again...dern it.

Hit a lot of washes close to where I've gotten gold before but just turned up a bunch of old artifacts

Guess brass shell casings are worth something :)
Oh well, got out, had fun and got back safe.
Tom H.

Has anyone heard about a 50 ounce nugget being found in Arizona, the last couple days? Dont know if this is rumor, or true.

Dave

Edited by DolanDave

Heard about but wasnt able to confirm...did quite a bit of googling on it w no luck ...lady spresding word gives 00 leads or info

Went on hunt, lost transmission, and got skunked to boot !! :ROFL::arrowheadsmiley::idunno: now I need another 4x4 to take me in the hillz.... :cry2:

Bottom line is Keep Looking and Digging. Are you a Prospector or What?

The last rains we had covered everything with with 5-12 inches of overburden.

Overburden? WTF doooood... you mean to tell me you didn't have your "D- 11" with you? :nono:

Overburden? WTF doooood... you mean to tell me you didn't have your "D- 11" with you? :nono:

Yah I had the D-11....but didn't have the back that goes along with it! :)

It was just going to be too much work for the payoff.

Will wait until the monsoons blow it out again.

Tom

I found three little dinks on Saturday.

Better than lead and tin.

Oh yah... sweet

Glad you got some :)

Tom H.

P.S....please get that dern mule out of that pit!!!

Edited by TomH

My brother came up from San Jose yesterday for some swing time. He had been taking care of my dad in hospice at his home for over 7 months and was really looking forward to some time beeping.

Loaded up the quads and headed out.

15 minutes into the trip and he takes a steep trial we don't normally go on. I went around to spot him at the top and keep him from trying to continue up the steep incline.

I knew I should have went down to help him back out of the situation, but didn't.

Rolled his quad with him on the downhill side. Used his winch to right the quad and get him up. Broken collar bone. Rest of the day in Emergency Care and then home today.

Hope his bones heal quickly so he can come back up for another try.

Big Bummer.

Sorry to hear this , hope he heals fast .

I have been thinking of one as some guys with big off road trucks say they would rather beat up a quad then there truck . Im sticking to if I cant get there with my off road Ford or walk I dont need to be there and I love to walk over a vally or two .

Rolled his quad with him on the downhill side.

Hope your brother heals quick. Broken collarbones and broken hips are the most common injury for qwad crashes. I'll keep my two wheels.

Most trails here are pretty sedate, just this one is difficult. Young bucks with the racing quads build these steep trails. Not for the lumbering big quads with equipment on board. We are both in our 60's so don't normally challenge ourselves with the trails. Stuff happens.

Tom I did some vaccuming firday evening and got a total of 1.04 grams. Nearly all of it was in the first bucket and the next 4 buckets had nothing what gives....

Wasn't just this weekend, but a week at Q. It's getting tight down that way. Had a good time with my brother, Patrick, and of course John and Jane. Snuck up on two. Bigger one, abit over 3 dwt. :4chsmu1:

post-58-0-18384800-1424309508_thumb.jpg

• Like 1