Nugget Shooter Forums
Jonal

Bigfoot

Anyone seen Bigfoot whilst detecting/prospect etc...?

Just a fun topic to fill in time while the snow melts!

Ya mean like this one?

post-21985-0-72129700-1423779345_thumb.j

• Like 2

Here's a bigboot with a big foot inside

On all of my Plans of Operation I have to include how my operation will not affect wildlife. I always include a brief mention of protection measures for Sasquatch such as "Sasquatch crossing" signs, kind treatment if I capture one, leaving an apple pie (their favorite food) at the end of the operation and other assorted nonsense. So far only one U.S.F.S. minerals officer has noticed.

• Like 1

On all of my Plans of Operation I have to include how my operation will not affect wildlife. I always include a brief mention of protection measures for Sasquatch such as "Sasquatch crossing" signs, kind treatment if I capture one, leaving an apple pie (their favorite food) at the end of the operation and other assorted nonsense. So far only one U.S.F.S. minerals officer has noticed.

Hey Wait a minute, you cant be serious. I've always heard bigfoot only eats berry pie.

AzNuggetBob

AZNB Ya caught me. Your absolutely right."I can't be serious". It's just not in my nature.

• Like 1

Ok homey, fess up, who sent you a pic of my new girlfriend?

You must be confuses. That's my Ex Wifes sister.

In the mid to late Sixties, I used to go up to Camp Geronimo Boy Scouts Camp with Troop 343, up past Payson every

summer. This was back before there was anything in the news about Bigfoot, and the term "Sasquatch" had not yet entered

the public lexicon. There were legends, sightings, and tall tales about a similar creature that was called the "Mogollon

Monster" (named for the Mogollon Rim) that would be seen around that part of the Rim near the Camp. Even the

Apaches talked Big Medicine about the Yeti-like animal, but to my knowledge, no photos or evidence ever surfaced.

Up until the early seventies, hunters still claimed occasional sightings and footprints. The closest thing that I can

relate, is stumbling upon a furry camper in the woods, passed out in a broken lawn chair surrounded by empty

Coors cans. When I walked into his camp, he woke up and "roared", and I got the heck out of there.

Ben

AZNB Ya caught me. Your absolutely right."I can't be serious". It's just not in my nature.

Just kiddin Klunker. Ive been nugget hunting/prospecting for 40 years and havent seen one yet, but maybe they

cant take the heat down here in S.Az. and there is not a lot of tree's to hide behind.

but there was stories of a big fury creature that lived up in the superstitions.

lived in caves. They finaly tracked him down. turnes out it was just a gold miner. AzNuggetBob

Spend a few nights alone in a tent in the high Blues of Oregon, and

see who the naysayers are then... :yikes:

Gary

Edited by ~LARGO~
  • Like 1

The Wallowa's are the same way Largo. I spent a couple years living on the mountain behind Joseph as a kid. The loggers always had bigfoot stories. I've never seen any, but I know otherwise honest men who claim they have.

Best to keep an open mind I think. Ya never know...

• Like 1

Ive hunted all over the west and Mexico by my self, all alone, if you let it, fear can do crazy things to you. AzNuggetBob

It's the finding of oversize footprints with greater than normal stride distance in the snow, and thrown sealed full steel cache barrels that could lend to a bit of uneasiness. My brother's friend from Eugene, Oregon, found such on his Bohemia gold claim years back, with footprints that didn't follow established trails, but rather more of a straight path over snow covered large brush down into a deep canyon, and back up out of the canyon's steep banks, where a man's boots would not find easy purchase. The man's .44 magnum pistol could be laid in the footprints with plenty of room to spare all around. Yes, that would make me nervous...

Sorry No Bigfoot but I thought you may like this. :old:
Im up back packing/prospecting in n.Cal. mountains (all alone) and the sun is going down and Im looking around for a place to camp for the nite. Im about 10 miles in and all of a sudden I hear this blood curdling growl. Im thinking either someone is screwing with me or Im in trouble!.

Ya see all I had was my pick and a Bic. no knife to speak of or gun. I hear it growl again, its pacing around me just behind the trees. then I see it, its a mountain lion, oh crap!
I sqawted down and started scraping up pine needles into a pile always trying to keep one eye on the cat. but the cat keeps disapearing behind the trees and
appearing again somewhere else.

I drop my pack and with pick in one hand Bic in the other I lit the pine needles on fire. then it became game of musical chairs.
all of my senses are on running on adrenaline.
round and round the fire we went for what seemed like an hour.
and then all of a sudden I get this idea. :89: Im a stong believer that big cats can smell fear. so I decided to spook the cat!. Im thinking never run from a cat.
I can play this game.
I grabbed a large burning branch from the fire, held it up in the air, screamed as loud as I could and charged the cat.
The cat bolted off into the woods.
I sat there all nite never venturing far from the fire till dawn. never saw the cat again and never went prospecting alone again without a weapon.
AzNuggetBob

• Like 2

Sorry No Bigfoot but I thought you may like this. :old:

Im up back packing/prospecting in n.Cal. mountains (all alone) and the sun is going down and Im looking around for a place to camp for the nite. Im about 10 miles in and all of a sudden I hear this blood curdling growl. Im thinking either someone is screwing with me or Im in trouble!.

Ya see all I had was my pick and a Bic. no knife to speak of or gun. I hear it growl again, its pacing around me just behind the trees. then I see it, its a mountain lion, oh crap!

I sqawted down and started scraping up pine needles into a pile always trying to keep one eye on the cat. but the cat keeps disapearing behind the trees and

appearing again somewhere else.

I drop my pack and with pick in one hand Bic in the other I lit the pine needles on fire. then it became game of musical chairs.

all of my senses are on running on adrenaline.

round and round the fire we went for what seemed like an hour.

and then all of a sudden I get this idea. :89: Im a stong believer that big cats can smell fear. so I decided to spook the cat!. Im thinking never run from a cat.

I can play this game.

I grabbed a large burning branch from the fire, held it up in the air, screamed as loud as I could and charged the cat.

The cat bolted off into the woods.

I sat there all nite never venturing far from the fire till dawn. never saw the cat again and never went prospecting alone again without a weapon.

AzNuggetBob

I have a similar story being stalked by a pissed off moma mountain lion, Bob, I've told on Bill's forum sometime in the past .... I also had what I'm convinced was a Bigfoot encounter, but it's too complicated for me to write about tonight ... Cheers, Unc

• Like 1

I agree Ron the cat may have been protecting its young but I still think the rules I shared kept me alive.
AzNuggetBob

Im sittin in camp after a long hard hot day huntin coins up near Valentine Az, drinking a cold one and this calf walks by. Yep I had to get up out of my lounge chair an look again, that was real white fur not a mask on his forehead. AzNuggetBobpost-26382-0-19797200-1424169451_thumb.jpost-26382-0-38067300-1424169457_thumb.j

H-2 C... WOW... Now I'm a converted and true believer of a Bigfoot :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

• Like 1

qxkr4Enb_bigger.jpeg Boston Yeti