Nugget Shooter Forums

Went to the VA DR. today Good news Bad news

Well I had a CT scan a few weeks ago, been getting dizzy and having hard time with short term memory. Well the bad news was. I have been having TIA'S or mini strokes, which has scared my brain,little progressive brain damage. Good new was! If I have 4 more, I can run for Obama's job! Da! Grubstake

Not political, just Job research. Grubstake

Edited by grubstake

Aloha Grubstake,

TIA'S are nothing to joke about my friend. I had one while in the hospital a couple of years back and lost my voice for a week. This last one about two years ago took away my peripheral vision on my left side. You need to get your doctor to put you on a good blood thinner like Plavix so that you have a fighting chance against any future TIA'S. Good luck and get in to a doctor really soon for a follow up.

Aloha,

Kaimi aka Stan

I'm on Plavix, have been for 10 years, since my first heart attack. Reason for the CT scan was I keep getting dizzy spells, can't even stand up sometimes, They said multiple TIA'S left scarring in my brain, and I'll have more in the future, Only remember one, a couple of years back, I had to go to the hospital, I was having problems talking and could not lift my arms. DR. said I have prob. had three or four in my sleep. After 13 heart attacks, and 11 stents, and a 5X'S bypass, well I'm on barrowed time. Grubstake

Dave my neighbors say the same thing. I can never have an MRI, I've got too many stents in my heart, I make a handheld detector go off, I've got mileage left on me yet! Ha! Ha! Grubstake

Edited by grubstake

Grub,

I just heard last night a hole in the heart can cause TIA's and it can be patched. Also AFIB (a fluttering in the chest area) can cause strokes but I don't know if it can cause TIA's.

I think AFIB cause mine. Though i'm not sure where they draw the line between TIA's and strokes. My dad died from too many TIA's. Sad way to go out. But I don't think he knew or felt any thing.

I also think when you stop breathing while sleeping could possibly cause a stroke too. My dad and me both have (had) this problem.

Good luck Gary!

Yeh, my wife says, when I'm sleeping I stop breathing sometimes. I have no regrets, I've lived a long great life, got pounds of gold, seen every state including Canada, Been over sea's southeast asia, Europe, had, and still have great friends, atleast the ones that have not passed on. If I go tonight, or ten years from now, I still had one hell of a ride. Grubstake

AuTSaurus, Its my grandkids, I feel for, the world will never be like it was when I grew up, I come from a very poor OKIE family, that moved to Calif, and picked fruit and cotton, then they {we} moved to Monterey Ca. and worked the sardine canneries, I grew up in Monterey, joined the army at 17, Volinteered for Nam, served two tours over there, then to Germany, in 73 I got out went longhaul trucking and never looked back for 20+ years, them Managed Bagby Rec. for 5 years, Getting gold on my days off, Got real heavey into detecting for nuggets, and therest is History. Two things in my mind, make your life count, your friends, and your family, and the fun you had doing what you love best. Mine was two best things, Longhaul trucking, and detecting for nuggets. . I've had the best, Like they say 10% of guys find 80% of the gold, Well I think I'm in the 10%. Grubstake

Aloha Grubstake,

Us old timers are like them timex watches. We take hits all the time BUT still keep on going. My prayers go out to you and your family and hope you have manymore years of enjoyment with the grandkids. Hopefully some of your tenacity will rub off on them. Amen and Imua!

Aloha, Kaimi aka Stan

Thanks Stan, but it has been my goal, to at least teach them, what is important in life, not money, although its nice to have some, if you have a roof over your head, are not going hungry, and have good friends, all the rest is just fluff. Take care. Grubstake

Grubby ... One step in front of the other my friend ... the old guard needs to keep marching on until the youngsters finally learn what is important as you said ... sounds like you still have a little of life's work yet to do ... I know I do ... so let's walk the trail together until we're done ... the mission is to prepare and turn the world over to the youth ... Hupt 2, 3, 4; Your left, your left, your left right left! :old:

Mike F

Man, I loved tose Round Chocolate bars, and the Beans and Franks. These guys don't know how good they have it with MRE'S. we used c-4 in little round balls to heat the cans up or desiel fuel in vented cans. Grubstake

It was a real treat to get hot SOS. Grubstake

Edited by grubstake

As a kid we took C-Rats to the Beach or lunch. One day a turk came alongs. Seen us feeding the Caned meat to a dog. He picked up the Can and yelled POOOORK? Evet was the answer. He cut the dogs throught. Good Muslim Dogs don't eat Pork. That was my first lession on Islam.

Man, I loved tose Round Chocolate bars, and the Beans and Franks. These guys don't know how good they have it with MRE'S. we used c-4 in little round balls to heat the cans up or desiel fuel in vented cans. Grubstake

It was a real treat to get hot SOS. Grubstake

Mike as hard as I have tried, I can't duplicate the Air Force SOS! I've tried pack type gravey. Home made flour Gravy. Buning the Meat and putting the bitts in Commerial Gravey. Something is missing. Do you have a Clue?

I don't know what kind of rations they were but they gave them to my dad in Alaska in 57 to have as an emergency supply of food in case of bad weather. He kept going back for more because we were eating them. I don't remember how they tasted but some of the older guys I have met have told me I didn't miss anything good.

No clue on the ingredients in the SOS other than hamburg, white gravy and all the grease from the burger. As for the spices ...???? .... No clue. I do have an old AF NSA guy who has connections with many of the old guys ... maybe he can find out for me.

Well the MRE's were a major inprovement. I accually Love the Beef Stew, Ham Steak and a few others. Can't eat anything with the BBQ Souce in it . It eats my stomich. The Eggs still suck but funny enough There not Green any more.

. I use to be able to buy them for 50cent a meal and Had tons of them. Yep! Ate them all. Kept a case under the seat of the Van for years. Yep Ate those too. Now the darn things cost you a Arm and a Leg if you can find the Real ones. The Tobasco Sause was a welcome addition. It you Mix and Match from about Three Packs you can have a Gorme' Meal.

The C Rats cans of meat were so salty you needed a quart of water to wash them down. My favorite was the Canned Crackers and Peanut butter. That there was good stuff. Crackers was some what like Hard Tack but had less salt then the Pork. Did they make them with anything other then Pork? I think I had a Chicken one a few times but not sure.

Edited by homefire