Nugget Shooter Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

garimpo

DODGE

Just think these babies were two wheel drive. You would not try this with a new car.

I think I saw GlennM and Hey beer man in a couple of those cars.

Men will appreciate this, auto's a mans' thing. Enjoy

No problem with air bags, ignition keys or suspension systems here!

Technology has really advanced since then, hasn't it!

As this video demonstrates, our roads have come a long way in 94 years. One must wonder if many of our 4 wheel drive and ATV's could do as well as this old Dodge sedan did.

This is amazing old footage! I sure give the driver a big hand of approval.

CLICK ON:

As the old school commercial Grannie used to say" Put a Dodge in your garage honey" as she blasts off in that challenger if memory serves me right. Great old cars sure were tough and roads SUCKED :grr01: but they still worked.....amazing :yesss: John

People aren't built as tough now as they were then either :4chsmu1:

Most people would be surprised to know that narrow tires tend to do much better in mud than wide tires if the mud has a reachable bottom, a narrow tire will sink down and find solid ground where as a wide tire tends to stay up on top of the mud and just spin, not to mention a narrow tire can cut through the mud easier with less mud gaining a suction grip on the tire.

I have seen an old WW II army jeep with them old narrow army jeep tires beat a number of monster mud bogging trucks at mud bogging contests more then once, those guys in those big expensive special build trucks couldn't believe it!!

That old Dodge has tires that are more narrow and taller then an army jeep's tire which is why it did so well in all that mud.

GOod old 4wd Dodge

Way cool G :yesss:

I don't think my 20 year old Dodge would do half as good...

20150101_162406_zpsjoey9t2z.jpg

Dodge pritty much suck Now Days. They put the Water pump behind the Timing Belt and a $35 thing became a $500 thing.

We have had a Intreped and Neon. The Neon has not messed up yet.

Way cool G :yesss:

I don't think my 20 year old Dodge would do half as good...

20150101_162406_zpsjoey9t2z.jpg

Dave get rid of those duals in the back and you'll do much better in mud. Ref what Skip said above.

This is the ONLY, 'Adams-Farwell' automobile left in existence.
They were made in Dubuque, Iowa, between 1890-1913.
That is really unique!

(Crankshaft is stationary, engine spins) It never caught on,
but it’s fun to watch. Air cooled, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y0XbqHUAI-0?feature=player_detailpage

Dave get rid of those duals in the back and you'll do much better in mud. Ref what Skip said above.

Undoubtedly it would help. Honestly though, that's my pavement princess. The only off road it sees....is the parking lot :laught16:

This is the ONLY, 'Adams-Farwell' automobile left in existence.
They were made in Dubuque, Iowa, between 1890-1913.
That is really unique!

(Crankshaft is stationary, engine spins) It never caught on,

but it’s fun to watch. Air cooled, of course.

Never saw one of those! Neat idea... but thinkin it might hurt if ya got your shirtsleeve caught in that sucker :excl:

Too much Mass spinning there for me. They did away with that concept for Air Craft Engines because the Centrifical Force would prevent the plane from turning so well.

Amazing how smooth it runs

El Derado! I'm amiss on how they got the Gas Fumes to the Thing . How did they Seal the Carb to the Rotating Mess. That seal had to wear out more then fast.

Au Seeker talking about narrow tires spark a memory of how my brother in law, who was a 4 wheel nut, talked about having great success using narrow tires, as described above. They are digging while the others pretty much are floating, so forward progress

might be less successful by comparison...

No personal experience, just relaying something I heard...

Have a good day, all!

Gary/Largo

You heard right Largo. Down here I've been stuck really bad five times. No matter what size the tires are if the can't reach hard bottom before the hard bottom of the truck hits the mud you have a big problem.

All five times it was a long walk (miles) for my hunting buddy to find a tractor.

:Just_Cuz_06: once that frame is in the mud,the blood and the beer ain't nuttn' going nowhere. What I like most about that old clip is the adventures they had just being able to drive. As so new a idea and talk about dangerous OMG :old: cool-John

In the mud and snow some good wide flotation tires with good cleats hangin out the side work good and if you have to get serious add a set of tire chains. Now rice stomper wheels ( about 6 ft wide with 4 inch angle iron cleats ) go almost anywhere but when they get stuck you just hang a for sale sign on it :D