Nugget Shooter Forums

Gold Specimen and GOLD Coin!!

Ron (CA)

Man, that is awesome!
Im going to put a loud muffler on my Yoto and drive around Cali.

Then when I hear it on your video I know im close :)
WTG on the double gold.

Tom H.

Some time you just have to role with the Post. I too find it hard to choke down finding the Coins . But it can happen.

Not sure I get what you mean??

Are you implying we don't find what is posted?

Just clarifying so I understand and I'm not misinterpreting your reply.

Nice Finds Ron !!!

Back in the 80's I lived in Citrus Heights, there was an old place with lots of history just off the 50 freeway, just east of the spot were old dredge line tailings were, as seen in the picture. I had a neighbor who would go metal detecting here and found gold nuggets and old coins, but that was before the days of the detectors they have nowadays. Also there was not that many homes around as there is now. I am sure with a modern detector one could find some good stuff here where the X is on the picture I am enclosing.

Dave

post-1046-0-17760000-1422734372_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Dolan Dave my bud works at that massive UPS center off hi way 50 and their facility is built on old dredge tailings. My bud makes as much detecting on his lunch/breaks than on his paycheck. Never found both at once YET so still out there a swingn' :head: John

Edited by Hoser John

Dolan Dave my bud works at that massive UPS center off hi way 50 and their facility is built on old dredge tailings. My bud makes as much detecting on his lunch/breaks than on his paycheck. Never found both at once YET so still out there a swingn' :head: John

John,

Your buddy is lucky, that whole 50 corridor is prime hunting grounds for gold and old homesteads. I have tried for a while to get permission to hunt on some good looking grounds, but always denied. I just wish there was a way :) .....

Not sure I get what you mean??

Are you implying we don't find what is posted?

Just clarifying so I understand and I'm not misinterpreting your reply.

I'm implying that you should show me exactly where you dug both the coins and the specimen so that I can see it for myself. Then, I would be perfectly willing to vouch for you. And I assure you my opinion carries a lot of weight :inocent:

Dang Ron you got a gold mine there.The first gold coin I found (5$) was way up on a hillside

in an old placer dig. I guess the old timers where not only making withdraws they where making deposits Too. :ROFL:

Best of luck on more, AzNuggetBob